March was a busy month. It was busy with my calling for 2 reasons: 1) there was a lady in the ward with disabilities who was moving and needed extensive help with packing and moving and cleaning -- it took several people coming multiple days to help her with everything over the course of 2 weeks, but we got it done; and 2) I was learning how to accomplish welfare and self reliance things -- food orders, meetings, emails to the Bishop, etc. It's been quite the learning curve there.
Mom and dad were also here for the first part of the month. Mom came mid-february because she needed a little escape from her life. She stayed with us and Scott and Melanie back and forth. But then Scott and Melanie were blessing their baby, Alden, and so Dad flew out for that. We did some family things while they were here before they went home. And mom helped Daniel with the kids while I was in Texas.
Then:
- I had book club;
- there was a caucus meeting for voting in the presidential primaries;
- Daniel and I had an at-home date night salsa dancing;
- Brooke and I went to the Draper Temple one morning to do baptisms
- I had many meetings and trainings for my calling, and visits with ladies in my ward
- Bunco (which I was late to because I had a self reliance with the bishop and someone else)
- Took the kids to see kung-fu panda 4 for a homeschooling event -- the movie was very meh
- Camille and I had a double mommy daughter date with Annette and Lexi -- we went to the butterfly biosphere and then to get fries at Arby's. We had a great time.
- Jack and Camille got sick with something weird, some stomach bug that made Camille feel sick to the stomach and have diarrhea and Jack start throwing up and have diarrhea. It lasted for both of them for several days. Camille was sick first, and after she'd been well for a few days, Jack got sick. I stayed home with him a few times while Daniel took the kids to various things. No one else got sick though, thankfully.
- We had our St Patrick's day dinner and movie night the Friday before St Patrick's day, which fell on a Sunday. I did Irish trivia questions at dinner and we all learned a little about Ireland.
- There was a relief society broadcast and testimony meeting on the 17th, which was really excellent.
- We had a family service day -- the girls came and helped me with that sister's move and cleaning her apartment, and Daniel took the boys to help his dad take some things to the dump. They were thrilled with that service project! They haven't been able to stop talking about the dump since then.
- I gave a talk about the Holy Ghost, and the preparing of it was awesome. I really only had like 7 minutes to speak, though, so I had to rearrange my talk considerably.
- Sammy and her kids came over to play one day, which was fun.





No comments:
Post a Comment