Jack turned 7!! We had a great day together. We, of course, did not do any school. Instead, we took a leisurely morning getting ready and went to the Dino museum, which was what Jack wanted to do.
Jack wanted a recreation of this birthday cake when he turned 2: a garbage truck cake. I spent much of the day baking and decorating said cake. I think it turned out pretty well. Probably one of my better cake creations.
We invited Gramma and Grampa Holbrook for Jack's birthday dinner, per Jack's request. He loved having them celebrate his day. 😊 And they have him a tool belt as a gift, which he couldn't love more.
Jack is a delightful seven year old. We really struggled a lot doing school together this year, but he has such a great brain. It's been fun watching him make such great strides in his abilities to read and do math. I also love watching his brain work in his imaginative and creative play. He's super creative! Some of the things that he builds out of Legos or magnatiles or brain flakes are so cool, and I cannot even conceive how one would put them together. It's so fun to watch him and Sawyer play together, and how their little brains work.
Jack loves watching TV, and he loves the show "Firebuds". His favorite movies are Zombies and Zootopia. He's highly motivated by watching TV, so when he has chores to do, I usually tell him he can watch TV afterwards.
Jack is obsessed with all things police and swat. He has police and swat costumes and tools, he loves drawing pictures or coloring pictures of police or swat. And he wants to be an NYPD police officer someday. He went through a phase recently where anytime we had to go somewhere, he would change into his police uniform to go out. People everywhere would make comments, and one time a little kid came up to him and said, "thank you for your service" completely straight- faced. It was adorable.
He's still a picky eater, but I'm hoping that someday that will change. He loves pizza, hotdogs and hamburgers, and he asks for chicken nuggets and fries almost every day for lunch. He loves most fruit, but, unbelievably, not melons.
He loves playing with his siblings, especially if it involves cars, trucks or Legos. But he'll even play dolls with the girls, if they let him. He and Sawyer are pretty good buddies. They love playing together, and I love it when they get really deep in some imaginative play together. He loves riding his bike, too, and he's a pretty good sport when I take the kids on hikes. He loves the Dino museum the most, but he loves the farm and aquarium as well. He's pretty curious about things he's interested in, and he asks me to look things up for him a lot, or to see pictures of something he doesn't understand. When we go to the library, he'll mostly come home with nonfiction books about police and swat officers, also army books and books about cars and tucks. But he almost never picks picture books or fiction. He's still learning to be a good helper, but when I assign chores on Saturday, he does them mostly willingly. 😂
Jack is a tiny person. He's so skinny, it's hard to find clothes for him. And sometimes when i squeeze him, I'm afraid I'll break him. But he's so cute, and he has the handsomest face and eyes. 😍
I love my Jacky Boy. He's a delight to have in my home, and I'm so glad he's mine. ❤️







No comments:
Post a Comment