Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Things to Remember

  •  Sawyer hated wearing shorts in the summertime. He always cried when I put them on him, and if I let him choose, he always chose pants. He certainly has opinions about his clothes. 
  • Jack said the other day that his favorite animal is a bear, which surprised me. I guess I don't know what his favorite animal was before... a shark, maybe? We are reading Gentle Ben for school, so maybe that has changed his mind to love bears now. Cutie. 
  • A few weeks ago, the girls made these cute peg dolls at girls club. They used yarn and fabric and markers to make hair and clothes and faces. They turned out so cute, and the girls have been playing together with them on and off. This morning, when I went in to wake Camille up, I saw her cute dolls set up on her windowsill. It just struck me as so sweet and cute that she put her dolls up there in a certain way and was concerned about taking care of them. We left them at Gramma Holbrook's house one day shortly after she made them, and she was so sad about it. But we took them back next time we went to their house. 
  • The girls have been obsessively doing diamond paintings lately, every time I read out loud to them. Aside from Gentle Ben, we're reading Where the Red Fern Grows together (not with Jack). They are loving it, because it's about dogs. 😂 
  • The past couple of days, all 4 of my children have been cooperatively playing together with Legos, building cars and cute little guys and doing some deep imaginative play. I love when they do stuff like this. 
  • Jack has been going through a phase I don't love: getting angry about every thing. He often gets mad at me for the littlest things, and it's so hard sometimes to get him to do school. He just wants to do whatever he wants to do, and he gets so angry whenever he is imposed upon. 
  • We've been going to Cornbelly's a bit, and the kids have been loving it. We're not going as much as I hoped, with our passes. But we have a lot going on this October. 
  • I took the kids on a field trip yesterday to the Bean museum at BYU. We learned about animals in a presentation, and then we walked around the museum looking at all the animals there. They loved it (but Jack was grumpy almost the whole time... later he said he liked it. I have a hard time understanding this).
  • The kids finished their evil scientists class yesterday as well. I think overall they liked it. It was space science themed this term, and they make rockets and did the egg dropping experiment and learned about dry ice. It was a fun little class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment