Monday, October 30, 2023

My birthday

 We had a lot going on for my birthday. I decided I wanted us to go to the Thanksgiving Point gardens to see the Scarecrow Festival. So we got up and ready in the morning and went. It was such a beautiful crisp fall morning, and it was just lovely walking through the gardens. The leaves on the trees were gorgeous, and I felt so happy. I loved being out there with my little family. 




After the gardens, we went to kitchen 88 for lunch (it was my request that they take me out to lunch on my birthday 😆). Then we went home for a little bit. We watched a fun kids movie, and Daniel made some graveyard dip. 

I got very many texts and calls. And Sarah and DeAnna came over in the morning to drop by some of my favorite treats and snacks. 🥰 Also, someone mysteriously delivered crumbl cookies to my door without leaving a name or a note. I asked probably 10 people if they had sent cookies to me, but they all said no! So I still have no idea who sent them! 

And then we went to Mom and Dad Holbrook's house for Emily's Halloween party.It was very fun. The kids dressed in costumes, played games and did crafts, we all ate some good food and played with cousins and chatted. We won a prize for spookiest food, and everyone sang "happy birthday" (unnecessarily) to me.




It was really a great birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment