On Camille's 9th birthday, we went on a hike in the hills above the Draper Temple with some of our friends. It was a beautiful hike, about 2 miles long, through the trees. The leaves were changing colors, and everything was red and orange and yellow and green. We had so much fun! Sawyer did really well hiking. He walked for at least half of it, with me carrying him on and off throughout the hike. My kids are becoming such good little hikers, and I think they really love it.
We went home after our hike, and Daniel was back from a 2 day trip he'd taken to California for work. Camille opened her presents then. We have her a cute little witch Squishamallow, a diamond painting notebook, and a couple of craft sets. I think she was happy.
The kids played for the rest of the day, and Brooke and Camille shut themselves in Camille's room to play with her new stuff. Mom and dad gave Camille some oven bake clay and this book of how to make clay figurines, and all of the kids had so much fun with that all day long. I made a cheesecake that afternoon. π
Camille requested burritos, cucumbers, and French bread for dinner, and cheesecake for dessert. (I made a little bit fancier burritos for myself and Daniel) The cheesecake was mom's chocolate chip cheesecake that I used to eat for my birthdays growing up. And it was so good. It felt so nostalgic for me to have it.
- She is so snuggly
- She loves to craft and create things. Currently she's loving diamond painting crafts
- She loves reading nonfiction books. Normally when we go to the library, she comes home with a stack of books about a certain subject: astronomy, gemstones, animals, etc. I love that about her. She's so curious and she had a keen mind.
- Along those lines, she asks such great questions. It's clear to me that she thinks deeply about many things.
- She's always reverent for scripture study and lessons. It seems she is just drinking it in and learning a lot about the gospel. And that she takes it seriously.
- She's amazingly helpful. Over the past few months, I've noticed her making great efforts to be a help to the people around her. She's been very kind to her siblings, as well, helping them and sharing with them and doing things for them. It is so awesome!
- She loves making new friends. It seems whenever we do a new activity, she comes home saying that she's made a new friend. Usually, though, she forgets to ask for her name. π
- She loves her stuffed animals, especially her Squishamallows. They get a special place on her bed. Gramma Holbrook gave her a giant witch one for her birthday, which goes so nicely with the one we gave her.
- She's a great eater! She's not very picky and usually likes the food I make for dinner. I love that she has such a sophisticated pallet.

















No comments:
Post a Comment