Sunday, October 9, 2022

Weird Health Problems

 A few day after Daniel's birthday, I started having weird health issues. They were very subtle and hard to explain. I was really fatigued, and I had a bad brain fog. It was hard to think and concentrate on anything. My body and mind were so sluggish, and I had a hard time making it through the day just doing basic things like school with the girls and dishes and laundry. I was also starting to feel depressed and to struggle with anxiety. But those were my only symptoms. It was like having the fatigue and foggy head of a flu or bad cold, but without any fever or chills or cough. Daniel suggested I might be sick, but it was going for quite a long time. Weeks. It was really hard to do much and to be the kind of mom I wanted to be. I was very snappish with my kids, and I didn't want to take them to do anything fun. The very thought of taking them to Cornbelly's or the park just exhausted me. It was so weird and discouraging.

I Marco Poloed with Wendy about her health problems before going vegan. She gave me some resources she used and videos to watch. I haven't been reading very strictly vegan basically since Jack was born. I do mostly plant based, but when we go out or to someone's house, I would eat whatever I wanted or whatever was served. I also ate eggs a lot and had little things here and there at home: a few chicken nuggets, part of a quesadilla the kids didn't eat, any kind of dessert with milk or eggs in it, etc.

I started following Dr. Goldner and watching her classes, and decided to change how I was eating. She has this protocol that she calls "hyper-nourishing", which is just about flooding your body with a massive amount of healing nutrients and minerals. Last week, I started making huge green smoothies and drinking the whole thing in the morning, and then just doing raw fruits and veggies for the rest of the day, plus nuts and seeds. Everything raw. I wanted to see if eating this healing food would help me feel better. 

What I've learned is that I need to clean up my diet. I have more energy again and the brain fog is mostly lifted (it'd be even better if I was getting enough sleep this week). I also learned that eating raw is super unfun. Sometimes it's hard to get what much green smoothie down; I even gagged and threw some of one of. It was real bad. And at this point, almost a week later, I'm so tired of eating raw veggies. 

I think I'll do one more week of trying to eat mostly raw so that my body keeps getting better. And then after that I'll start adding in cooked food. Eventually I'll kind of go back to eating vegan like I used to. Not perfectly healthy, but also eat more raw fruits and veggies. My health is really important to me; I need to be able to live the way I want! But I also want to enjoy food.

I'm glad I'm feeling better. And I hope I keep feeling even better this next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment