Friday, October 21, 2022

36 Things I Love About My Life

  1.  Jack has a cute face and the prettiest green eyes
  2. Jack's cute car pictures (he drew one for my birthday) 
  3. Lifting weights
  4. The sea turtle pillow cases mom made for all of us after Hawaii. After seeing them so much in Hawaii, sea turtles are for sure among my favorite animals
  5. How the mountains look during the fall -- ablaze with colors. Reds of all variety, yellow, green. They looked especially amazing when we were at BYU last week.
  6. My amazing wonderful friends. I got, like, 7 texts before 9am from friends (and Julie) to wish me happy birthday. 😭
  7. Homeschooling my girls (hopefully Jack can join us for next year) 
  8. Being able to travel so much the past few years
  9. Having Cornbelly's passes this year. We love being able to go whenever. Sawyer especially gets so excited when I tell him we're going to Cornbelly's. He says, "corbeeyy's?" So excited. 
  10. Sawyer -- he is the cutest 2 year old. He just brings me so much joy
  11. Cake for breakfast. Brooke made me breakfast for my birthday present: leftover birthday cake, cinnamon sugar toast, and fruit smoothie. It was very sweet. 
  12. Eating healthy -- getting in my green smoothies, vitamins, lots and lots of water, and bowls -- and feeling so good
  13. My sweet Camille, always wanting to be with me and snuggle with me and hug and kiss me
  14. Thai restaurant for dinner tonight
  15. The girls set up the sweetest spa for me for after we got home from dinner. They had set up everything in their bathroom: decorations, candle, supplies, and the bath filled up a few inches with warm water (and rocks, because according to Brooke, "it looks more natural.") I sat in a chair with my feet in the water while they gave me lotion for my hands, painted my nails, brushed and braided my hair, and read a book to me. They are such thoughtful little creatures. It was so cute. I loved every second. 
  16. We've been able to travel so much in recent years. I've loved seeing new places. 
  17. The color orange -- it's really been growing on me. I blame Jack's influence -- it's his favorite color. 
  18. The rainstorms we've been having so much of this summer
  19. Living close to Daniel's family and so close to Brian's family
  20. Daniel's hard work and good job that provides so so well for us
  21. And the fact that I don't have to work and can stay home and take care of our kids
  22. Movie nights with the kids
  23. Bunco nights with the girlfriends 
  24. Proper romance novels -- I've been reading a lot from this genre this year
  25. My red plaid shoes -- it's time to retire them, sadly. I've never been so sad about getting rid of a pair of shoes. I've been wearing them basically since Daniel and I got married. I think I bought them that first year of marriage. 
  26. Mom and dad being able to visit us so much
  27. When the mountains turn pink
  28. The mountains in general -- I always love them. I'm definitely more of a mountain girl. The mountains in Alaska and Hawaii are incredible as well! 
  29. Black sunflowers -- so cool looking. I didn't even know they existed until the Sunflower festival this year. 
  30. My sisters -- I miss them
  31.  All the fun I've had with my family: swimming days, mom dates and mommy time, hikes, bike rides, playing outside, going to the park, trips, visiting family, dates with Daniel, Cornbelly's, late nights for the kids. We have a lot of fun. 
  32. Nieces and nephews -- I'm glad my kids have lots of cousins to love and play with
  33. Brooke's cheerfulness -- she's such a delight to have in my home
  34. The Book of Mormon has been bringing me so much peace and joy the past few months
  35. Dreams for the future
  36. Daniel
I live such a charmed, full life. Maybe not the kind of life people think of when you say "charmed life". But it is nonetheless. I recognize how blessed I've been, and I recognize God's hand in all the things I love, and I love Him and praise Him for it all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment