Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine's Day

 We had a great Valentine's Day weekend.

After church on yesterday, I made our special Valentine's dinner while Daniel took Jack to visit his Gramma. We had a tea party themed Valentine's dinner, so I made cucumber sandwiches, cookie dough truffles, fruit and fruit dip, and a cheese and cracker tray, and Brooke made blueberry scones. It was actually so fun. We went around the table saying things we love about each other, and then at one point one of the girls went to get a joke book from downstairs, and they started telling us jokes. There was so much food, I definitely over prepared; but it was also delicious, and definitely special and different. New tradition??


Today, I woke up and immediately started finding little notes all over the house from Daniel. Things like, "thanks for cleaning the house" and "I love your beautiful smile". Brooke and I had so much fun finding them and reading them. Daniel told me there were 32, so at the end of the day, I collected them all and counted them and had to go hunting for the last 7 or 8. 


Daniel also bought me a new houseplant and some beautiful, cheerful flowers. ❤

The kids went and delivered Valentines to all their friends this morning while I was getting ready. Cute little people. 

For the kids, my Valentine's Day surprise for them was that I got each of them a little wooden craft to paint. They loved it! After we got done with school, we had a little Valentine's party. We played Valentine's bingo and had a special treat and then painted. I didn't get anything for myself to paint, so I painted each of us a little bookmark with wide popsicle sticks. We had a lot of fun. But at some point Jack turned to me and said, "Mom, why are you painting sticks? That's just awkward." And then had the saddest face, like he was so sorry for me that I didn't have something more exciting to paint. It cracked me up. 

Brooke went and heart attacked the Christensens door this afternoon, and then they went and played with the Christensens after the boys came home from school. And some of their other friends brought them some cute Valentines. 

Daniel took me to an Indian restaurant for dinner (we spent the first 25 minutes driving around to see what we could find for dinner) and then we went to Blox for dessert. It's this brownie and bars dessert place, and it was delicious. I for sure ate way too much today. We had to watch part of a movie when we got home, so we could let our food settle. 😅

It was a very nice Valentine's day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment