Friday, February 4, 2022

 Been feeling down about myself these last few weeks. I don't know why. I decided when we moved here that I wasn't going to allow negative thoughts about myself or my friends to invade my thoughts. And normally, I've been pretty good at keeping to that. But the last month or so, it's been harder to keep those thoughts from taking over my mind. 

We've been busy the last few weeks since I got back from New Orleans: swim lessons for the kids, school, primary activities for the girls, birthday parties for Jack, play dates, lunches with my friends, game nights, movie nights and people for dinner. Also, stick service opportunities in there. It's been good. 

My kids are the sweetest. I've nothing particular to say on that score, no specific stories to tell. I'm just always amazed at the end of every day that they are forgiving and loving enough to still love and adore me so much, even if I haven't done the best that day. 

Trying to remember that Jesus loves me, even if no one else does (and yes, I know many other people do. Some days, it's just good to remember THIS). 

*Jack got his kiwico box the other day and it was all about bugs. He made this adorable "bug wing" cape, and headband, and I can't get over how cute he is.*


*Brooke is the best big sister ever. Here she is watching over and helping Sawyer while Jack has his swim class. He wanted to get right close to the pool, and she was nervous about it, so she sat next to him and made sure he didn't get too close. I love watching her be a responsible big sister. ❤*

No comments:

Post a Comment