Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Utah Family Reunion

A week after our reunion in Oregon, we had a Holbrook reunion in Park City. Because of Daniel's (and other family's) work schedules, it was really only half of the week. The kids and I went up on Tuesday, just for the day, to be with the cousins and Gramma and go swimming. Then we had dinner with the family at Cafe Rio before we went home for the night. 

We packed our stuff for the week and drove up on Wednesday morning. There was the most adorable princess tea party for lunch right when we got there, and Grampa took Jack with him on a boys hike













We had an afternoon at the lake. It was so low and dried up because of the drought this summer, and so muddy right in the shore. I didn't go in at all, and Sawyer and Jack didn't last long either. But Brooke had fun. 

I went back to the hotel with Camille, Jack, Sawyer, Wendy, Evan and David and Wendy's baby. Our van was packed super tight, but we were all ready to go back. Brooke stayed back with her cousins. 



And this is the end of the pictures I took. 

We had family pictures one night, we swam a lot, we ate together and hung out. Daniel and I had a short little swimming date while Gramma stayed with our kids. The kids loved playing with their cousins, aunts and uncles and Gramma and Grampa. 

I did a long run on Saturday that was hard, but fun to run in a new place. Most of the family left earlier on Saturday. We stayed until the evening. We went swimming one last time with Gramma and Grampa. 

It was a good week, but somehow not as good as usual. Part of it was that Daniel was working the whole week. He hung out on Saturday, but he worked a full week because work was so busy. I think it was also because, since everyone now lives in Utah, it wasn't as much of a vacation. Everyone with jobs still worked at least part of the week. Daniel and Michael worked like normal, and the others just took a couple days off. It wasn't like before when we were all there together for the whole week doing things together. It wasn't as good, and I missed the past reunions. It's important for my kids to make memories and build relationships with their family members. 

No comments:

Post a Comment