Monday, August 23, 2021

  • I feel very grateful to have a body that does what I want it to do without too much trouble. I ran 8 miles on Saturday in preparation for a half marathon, and, though it was hard, I love that I could get outside and be active and that my body could do it. 
  • Today, the bigger kids were going outside in the front to play, and Sawyer wanted to go out so badly. I asked the kids if they could keep an eye on him so I could work on dinner, and they said sure. When I went out a few minutes later to check on them, I found that Camille had buckled Sawyer into the stroller and was playing with him, strolling him around the little cul-de-sac across from our house. It was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen, seeing her take care of her baby brother like that and having a great time with him. 
  • We started homeschool today. It wasn't the smoothest of days, and I wasn't wholly prepared. But it wasn't awful, and there was a moment with Camille, working on her language arts, that I felt right where I needed to be and right where I wanted to be. It felt like it could really work and be wonderful. Brooke had a little bit of a breakdown, but we worked through it. We just need to find ourselves a rhythm. 


  • We did our back to school dinner with a new school year theme: "establish a house of learning". I didn't get any pictures of it because I was so busy doing things. But it was a simple dinner with very simple decorations because life ebbs and flows. And this year, I didn't have time to make it grand. I love our theme, though, and exclaimed to the kids that we're turning our own house into a house of learning, that we should be grateful and excited to learn, because we are incredibly blessed to have opportunities to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment