Some pictures from October + bullet points that I missed:
Everyone is obsessed with this baby. Sometimes Brooke and Camille get to be a little too much for him, but I think at this point, they've basically learned how to be around him without upsetting him. Mostly they hug him and play with him and talk to him in a baby voice. It's so cute to watch.
General Conference weekend at the beginning of October was wonderful, and also hard to pay attention with all the kids ... like usual.
We went to Jakers with Brian and Sammy the first Monday of October for family home evening. Daniel couldn't come because he was working late. But was had a good time. Jack's favorite part was the corn pits that we played in. He LOVED them. And also the hayride, because a tractor was pulling the wagon. It was really fun! Smaller than Cornbelly's and more little kid friendly.
Reading Halloween books: one of my favorite things to do in October.
Sawyer started rolling around in October. He had a hard time rolling from his belly to his back, though, so every time he flipped onto his belly, he would get mad and start fussing and screaming. It made sleep very difficult in October. We did some sleep training a couple of different times; that's a story for another day. But we'll just say Sawyer has been a challenging sleeper.
I wore a hat one day for running errands, and Jack really wanted to wear a hat too. We dug one of Daniel's work hats out of the closet for him to wear, and I couldn't get over how cute he looked.
One Sunday afternoon, after we had a Sunday lesson, Jack asked if we could all go get into my bed to snuggle together. I don't know how he knew it was exactly what I wanted to do, too. I don't know where Camille went, so she was missing from our snuggling Sunday activity. But it was pretty spectacular to all be laying in bed, playing and talking. I hope we do that when they're teenagers.
Since we moved Sawyer out of our bedroom and Jack into Camille's bedroom (so that Sawyer could take Jack's room), naptimes for Jack have become very difficult. He actually slept at naptime less than half the time, and he would be so noisy that he disturbed Sawyer when he was sleeping. Plus, bedtime would be a nightmare because he and Camille would stay up and play late at night instead of sleeping. So I made the difficult decision to stop napping Jack. Nighttime sleep got better, because he falls asleep at night really quickly. And since we now stagger his and Camille's bedtimes, it's been very manageable. But ... he still kind of needs a nap or at least some quiet time every day. So every now and then he'll just fall asleep. This particular day, I was getting Sawyer down to sleep and getting ready for the day. And by the time I came downstairs to play with Jack, he was on the couch sleeping.
Camille's best friend, Becca Frei, and her family took me and Camille and Jack to Cornbelly's one day, and we had a great time with them. Jack's favorite part was, of course, the giant tractor.
Sawyer's delicious bum-chin is one of my favorite things ever right now.
Gramma Holbrook gave Camille a cool doll house for her birthday. Now we just need some dolls for the girls to play with it.
When Sawyer wouldn't stay asleep for his morning nap after I tried to transfer him to his bed, he had to come downstairs and help me with laundry. His big smile was kind of distracting me, though.
While I was working out one morning, Sawyer built a house out of pillows around him and Sawyer so they could play together. It reminds me of something the girls did when Jack was a little baby. I love how much Jack loves his little brother. He's very excited and anxious for Sawyer to grow up so that he can play with him.
These 2 little boys often both fall asleep in the car at the same time. Especially if we are running errands late in the afternoon. I find it very cute.
The girls all dressed up for their Halloween parties at school, October 30th. Camille made the cutest little witch, and Brooke loved putting together her own costume.





























No comments:
Post a Comment