Sunday, November 22, 2020

  •  When I gave Sawyer and Jack a bath this week, Sawyer was fascinated by the water. I poured cupfuls and cupfuls of water over his little body, and he loved watching it and putting his hands up to it. I loved watching his interest. And he got mad whenever I stopped pouring the water on him to pour it onto Jack. It was so cute. 
  • Sawyer popped his first little tooth on Friday! A little one on the bottom. And I can see another one on it's way. It'll probably break through tomorrow.
  • Sawyer was 6 months old on Saturday. I can't believe that. His first year is half over! He's been such a sweet and also challenging little baby. I love the stage he's in, while at the same time I'm missing his little newborn self. He's rolling around like and champ and holding his head up while he's on his belly so he can look around. He smiles and laughs very easily. He is working on improving his sleep (it's been a slow process). He's really ticklish, which kills me. His delighted squeals delight me. He's happiest when he has everyone's attention. His siblings, especially Brooke, fawn over him and love him and always try to make him happy. 
  • Brooke is reading Pippi Longstocking and LOVING it. She read a little of it to me and Camille tonight, all the funny parts that she loved, and we were cracking up together.
  • Brooke put together a fall festival for our family that we held yesterday. She planned and carried out the whole thing, with very little help from me. She wrote the whole plan with rules and game instructions out on several sheets of paper and had a score sheet for the teams. We were separated into 2 teams: me and Jack vs. Daniel and Camille. We bobbed for apples; hunted for the coolest leaves; ate caramel apples; drew and cut out our own leaves; and had a paper leaf hunt. It was actually really fun, and I was pretty proud of Brooke for planning and doing the whole thing. She's been talking about doing it for over a month, but kept forgetting to do it. I'm glad we finally got to do it yesterday. She's the cutest little boss.
  • The kids watched Toy Story 3 on Friday, and there's this extended scene with a garbage truck and dump site in the movie. Jack is now obsessed with the movie and is already asking to watch it again this coming Friday.
  • President Nelson did a video message on Friday morning about gratitude and issued everyone a challenge to flood social media with gratitude posts. I took that invitation and have loved seeing so many people do that same. The #givethanks challenge has brightened my mood so much just in the last 3 days, and I have loved sharing what I'm grateful for. It has certainly helped me dispel the gloom I've been feeling over the past several months. 
  • Last weekend we moved the big crib into Sawyer's room and started having Jack sleep in the other bunk bed. He looks so tiny in that big crib. 







No comments:

Post a Comment