- Picking out Pumpkins
We went into the pumpkin patch and the girls were beyond excited to look at and touch and try to heft every single pumpkin they saw. They both kept saying they wanted every pumpkin, and it was really fun and cute to watch them be so excited about it. I couldn't handle them being so cute.
After we picked out and paid for our pumpkins, we paid a little extra to go through the petting zoo, which was fun, too. The girls were a little hesitant for most of it; but they liked the little goats and rabbits, and they thought the pigs and turkeys were pretty cool, although they didn't really want to go near them.
*The amount of cheese in this picture could cover a few pizzas! I can't handle it!*
- Totally Fun Costumes
We went to the 2nd-hand children's store to check out what they had, and lo! and behold! they had a Tigger costume IN BROOKE'S SIZE! Well, I had to buy it, even though she didn't seem thrilled with it at the time. She kept getting distracted by all the other costumes there. And the toys. I also found Camille's blue monster costume there, and it was too cute to pass up. So we left with a great costume for each.
But, ... I decided we'd try Costco really fast. I'd heard that they had some good options. We found the costumes after some searching, and looked through them. I asked Brooke what she thought. There were some cute witch costumes, some princess costumes, etc. But she was immediately and forever taken with the Rainbow Dash costume (from My Little Ponies). It was $10, so I thought, "what the heck? I'll buy my little girl this not-near-as-cute-as-Tigger costume." And then she had 2 options for costumes.
She wore Rainbow Dash to her Preschool Halloween party, Tigger for the Ward Halloween Party and Trick-or-Treating. And both the girls looked too cute for words!
- Ward Halloween Party
- Holbrook Family 2nd Annual Halloween Feast Extraordinaire (we might have to shorten this name next time)
*Couldn't do it without my witches' hat!!*
After our dinner, I put out a smorgasbord of treats, we gathered the snacks we wanted in little bowls, and we watched Ichabod Crane for a little Halloween Family Movie Night.
- Trick-or-Treating
After eating real quick, we headed out to do our T-or-Ting. There was such an age range in our group of kids that after a while, we sort of naturally split into a few groups -- the older kids were fast, and they basically ran from house to house; and then there were some younger kids; and then there was us, and little Gabrielle Fischer. Our girls were pretty slow, especially Camillie. So, we hung back and stopped trying to keep up. It was fun, though. They both loved it so much, and it killed Daniel and I to watch how cute Camille was. She waddled up to each door in her little monster costume, getting distracted by pumpkins and decorations along the way. Then she's sometimes say her little, "Trick or Treat!" and sometimes she needed prompting. And then she'd walk away with a little, "Happy Halloween!" It was too much. And Daniel and I were both dying from the cuteness.
We stayed out way later than we'd intended to and did almost the entire neighborhood with our friends, skipping houses here and there towards the end. We were just having too much fun! And then, we drove back home and put our little monsters to bed.
*Halloween Day coloring. This girl LOVES to color, and we couldn't help but print off some cute Halloween coloring pages and color together. Camille wasn't as thrilled with the activity.*
*Our lazy bones pumpkins this year. Very little thought or effort went into these, haha! We'll be cool again someday.*
*We carved pumpkins just a few days before Halloween. Or they would've gone bad before Halloween. It was warm this year!*
*Our Trick-or-Treating group this year. So much fun!*












No comments:
Post a Comment