Friday, November 18, 2016

Camille's Birthday

My Camillie-Bean turned 2 on October 20th! It's hard to believe that she's 2 already! I still sort of feel like I have a little baby. Well, she is still quite a little thing, which makes her that much more irresistible.

It was a fairly ordinary day for us. Brooke fortunately had preschool in the morning, so I had the chance to take Camille on a little birthday date while Brooke was in school. Just the 2 of us. It was some boring errands and some fun ones: we went to Sprouts for groceries and Target, so that I could surreptitiously grab her one more gift; then we hit Barnes and Noble for her free birthday cupcake from Starbucks; and then we picked up some fries from Chic-Fil-A and headed over to the duck pond. We ate our fries and watched the ducks for some time, until we had to go pick up Brooke. I think Camille had fun watching the ducks, and some nice people gave us some food to give them. We had one duck in particular that was so hopeful for something to eat that he kept coming right up to us and peering at us. I was almost afraid he would peck one of us!

After some lunch and naps, the girls and I played a little and I made a special birthday dinner for Camille: chicken and fries (which is what she asked for), a steamed veggie (because, I couldn't not), and some fruit. We had chocolate chip cookie sundaes for her cake because I just couldn't bring myself to make a huge cake. Being pregnant and not into sweets much, I almost couldn't stomach the thought of making a cake. And besides ... she didn't seem to care too much. She was tragically fascinated by the candles after we had lit them, and felt the need to touch the flame of one candle. Her little finger got a bit burned and she cried for a while, poor little thing. And unfortunately, when we tried to sing to her again, she tried to touch the fire again. Slow learner! We had to take her cookie sundae away until after Brooke helped her blow her candles out.

She opened her presents -- some books, a little toy cash register, and 101 Dalmatians. And to top the night off, we watched 1/2 an episode of Jake and the Neverland Pirates, which she was very excited about, for about 3 minutes. She ran around, danced and screamed excitedly when the theme song was playing, but then seemed more interested in playing with her cash register after the opening song. All in all, I think it was a successful birthday.






No comments:

Post a Comment