This pregnancy has been rather a challenge.
I mean, they all have been difficult, in their own ways. But for some reason, this one has been particularly difficult. On top of feeling nauseous nearly all of the time, and being low on energy, I really struggled with my emotional state. I think I may have had some kids of prenatal depression. I was unmotivated all of the time, didn't want to get out of bed, was super anti-social, and really wasn't enjoying my babies most of the time. It was really hard, and I couldn't figure out a way to pull myself out of my funk. I attributed it to 1st trimester difficulty -- like I said, prenatal depression. I think that's a thing.
I was well enough to function. I could carry on with most of my normal activities (although my workouts went to the crapper). But I had no desire to do so. I didn't cook much at all. I didn't play with the girls at all. I skipped out on a bunch of activities. I just didn't feel like myself at all.
A few weeks ago, I turned a corner, though, thank goodness. I stopped feeling gross all the time, I felt a bit more energy, I felt a cloud lift, really. I was feeling so happy again, all of a sudden. It's kind of funny. This time around, I kind of came to the conclusion that, since I don't get as sick as other women when pregnant, I tend to think it really isn't all that bad. I never throw up. I'm not hospitalized for sickness. But then, when it's all over, I feel like a completely different person. I feel so much better. And then I think, "Man, I guess it must've been worse than I thought."
It's such a relief to be feeling more like myself. And now, I can write again and catch myself up! There's a lot to catch up on.
No comments:
Post a Comment