- Brooke glued paper to the bookshelf one day. She got a spanking for that one.
- One day, as their second piece of mischief, Brooke, after going poop in the toilet, used about half a roll of toilet paper to attempt to clean herself up. The toilet was FULL of toilet paper. I had to pull a bunch of it out and put it in the trash, then flush the toilet and plunge it to get the rest of it down.
- They have found dry-erase markers on a number of occasions, and they proceed to draw all over each other. Luckily, dry-erase markers come off of skin very easily. Clothes ... not so much. One shirt is completely ruined. I'm also lucky that they usually don't take markers to anything else in the house.
- While getting ready one morning, the girls climbed up onto stools and chairs in the kitchen and got into the baking stuff -- flour, sugar, cashews, chia seeds all over the counters, chair, floor, ... little baby bodies. Brooke said she was, "making bug food" and when I went outside, I saw that she'd taken a mixture out there for the bugs. That little girl's imagination.
- They love jumping on the couch and messing with the cords of the shades, which is more annoying than anything.
- Camille and Brooke LOVE being helpful, each in her own way: Brooke likes to help me "make" (make food - breakfast, lunch and dinner, she loves helping); Camille likes to help with dishes and putting things away. It's cute that they love being with me and helping. I hope they always want to help. The problem with it at this point is, they aren't always the most helpful. I suspect that Brooke likes helping me "make" mainly so that she can sneak little tastes of whatever we're making. And Camille takes dishes OUT of the dishwasher and likes to take spices and towels OUT of the drawers. Silly littles!
They are fun little girls. And I'm glad that they are learning and growing. I know that they are just experiencing things, and I need to remember that messes aren't a huge deal. We can usually clean them up without issue. I also need to remember that it's a phase. With a 3 year old and a 1 year old, they're bound to make messes and get into trouble. But they won't always be this way. I need to enjoy their littleness and mischief while it's still in my house.
*SOOOOOOO helpful.*




No comments:
Post a Comment