Monday, May 16, 2016

Sick. Sick. Sick.

Last week, I was sick. And that truly is the extent of what happened. Almost. We did have a couple of exciting things happen.

Monday, I was basically a zombie. I felt so awful that I spent most of the day laying on the couch or in my bed while the hooligans ran the coop. It was no fun, and I felt bad that I left the girls mainly to their own devices, but ... what can you do?

The next couple of days I felt better, but still had a nose problem and a coughing problem. But at least I wasn't feverish anymore. Heather Delhoyo brought me by some cookies, which was awfully nice and awfully mean, all at once. I mean, I ate most of those cookies over the next couple of days by myself! (I mean, I did share 1 or 2 cookies with each of the girls, but...) Fortunately, I don't think they stuck with me. Haha!

On Thursday, my friend, Viktoria Johnson, was flying into LAX and had a 5ish hour layover before continuing on to Japan (I KNOW! Jealous). She asked if we wanted to meet up and have lunch while she was here for a few hours. So the girls and I headed down just before noon. Traffic was bad (what else?), but we picked her up, drove around a little, looking for a place to stop, grabbed some lunch at Johnny Rocket's, and then went to a nearby park to have lunch and chat while the girls played. It was fun! And I always think it's nice to get out of the house for long adventures like that, every once in a while. Or at least that's what I tell myself when I feel guilty that the baby is missing her nap. It really was nice to see Viktoria. We hadn't seen each other for years, and she was one of my best friends growing up. I'm glad we got to catch up, even if it was only for a few hours.

When we headed home, the girls were actually pretty good. I let them snack most of the way home, because, let's be honest, sometimes that's the easiest way to go about things. And I got to listen to my book for most of the drive. Traffic was worse coming home, and it took us almost 2 hours to get home. Camille didn't fall asleep right away, like I thought she would. So I figured that she might just stay awake until we got home. No such luck. She fell asleep 30 minutes before we pulled up to the house! But regardless, I knew they were both really tired. It was quite an adventurous and different day, totally out of our routine. I got them another little snack, and then put them both to bed. And I relaxed the rest of the night. I guess the day had worn me out, too.

Daniel and I had a fun date on Saturday. It was the Thompson's turn to take the girls for our babysitting exchange, so we decided to have an early dinner, and Daniel took me out for Sushi. I had never had sushi before!! It was quite an adventure. Daniel did most of the ordering, because he's done sushi a bunch of times with work friends and church buddies. He knew what was up. Haha! It was really fun, and I really liked it. Even though I'd been wanting to try it out, I was skeptical that I would actually really like it. I mean, raw fish??? Just thinking about it too much makes me want to yack. But I liked it more than I thought. I had a couple of pieces of just fish, without all the rice and other stuff they put with it, and I couldn't do that very well. It was just ... too much. But the rest of it I really liked.

Daniel got sick towards the end of last week, but so far it hasn't developed into anything nearly as bad as what I got. Thank goodness! And the girls don't seem to have gotten sick at all. There have been sniffly days for them, but that's it. I'm glad that the rest of my family didn't get whatever I had. It was miserable. The thing about being sick is that it takes you out of your normal routine, which is kind of rough, actually. And I haven't been that sick in several months; so even though it probably wasn't as bad as I make it out to be, it seemed a lot worse because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment