Monday, February 1, 2016

Potty Training

Well, this has just been a very exciting day for us. We've had all kinds of progress and improvements today, the girls and I.

Today was Brooke's 1st day of potty training. We started off the day putting some panties on, and I explained to her what was going to happen, and what she needed to do now that she was out of diapers. She was none too thrilled at first about the whole thing. I took her in to the bathroom right when I got her up, and nothing happened. But when I brought her and Camille down for breakfast, she wanted to go in the downstairs bathroom, and she went a couple of times right away. It was very exciting for both of us! And I tried to play everything up as much as possible so that she would be excited and have more of a desire to go in the toilet.

We played downstairs all day. I wanted Brooke to be on the hardwood floor, in case she should have an accident; so we brought a box or 2 of toys down for the girls to play with, I set a timer to go off every 15 or 20 minutes for us to go into the bathroom and give it a go, and that is how we spent the whole day. All 3 of us were in the bathroom A LOT today; even Camille, who was very interested in what Brooke was doing. She kept climbing up and standing by the toilet while Brooke was sitting there, and looking and pointing into the bowl. She was also fascinated with toilet paper, and kept pulling at it and tearing pieces off. It was pretty funny.

Brooke did very well, I thought. She was cooperative and went in to try when I told her to. She went often, and even did a poop in the toilet. She only had one accident, a little bitty one, and that was at quiet time. We both have to learn how quiet time is going to go now that she is not in diapers. I put her in her toddler bed with books and told her to stay put and do her usual quiet-time activities, and only to come out if she needed to go potty. She had problems, at first, following those orders. But when I put her back in her little bed and explained it all to her again, she was TOO good at following orders. She was on her way out of her bedroom when she had her little accident -- there was a little wet in her panties and a little wet on the carpet. But other than that little hiccup, she did very well, and I told her how pleased I was with her.

Another exciting improvement that was made today was that Camille started walking all by herself today! After last week, when we went to the doctor and got all of that ... flack ... about her walking, she started walking today. I was turning around, after helping Brooke finish up with one of her bathroom trips, and I saw Camille standing close to the table and take a few tentative steps by herself. Well, when I saw that happen, I got really excited about it, and encouraged her to keep walking and to walk to Mamma, and she did! It was so fun and exciting! Brooke and I were getting really into it. Camille did that little number a few times throughout the rest of the day, and I just loved it. It really was a day full of progress!

The rest of last week was fun -- the girls and I went to a block party at our friends, the Garrisons, house; Mamma and Heather did a hard, but awesome, 6 mile run Saturday morning, and then Mamma dropped the girls off at Nicole Faucette's while she went to play for a funeral; Saturday evening, we had some friends come roast hotdogs and marshmallows over a fire in the backyard; it rained cats and dogs for half of Sunday (bringing, oh, such warmth and joy to my little Oregonian heart); and we got to hang out as a family on Sunday, before Dadda went back to a long week of work this week. We had a pretty awesome week last week, and I think this one is destined to be like the last.


*Brooke, wearing her new panties. We had to send this picture to Dadda at work; we were pretty excited about the whole thing.*

No comments:

Post a Comment