Well, after the girls got up from naptime/rest time, and after Megan said they wouldn't be able to go, we got ready and just went. It was beautiful outside today! Winter is the best season in Southern California. It was mid-70s this afternoon, but a little on the cloudy side, which meant it wasn't too bright. Brooke rode her Strider bike and I pushed Camille in the stroller. When we got to the park, I pulled the little toy stroller out and set it up for Camille to start walking around, which she did, happily. I took my phone out and started taking pictures (for Daniel -- now that it's busy season, he requires daily pictures of his girls) and then video. So, because I was doing this, I told Brooke to hop on her bike so I could get a good video of how well she's progressing on her little bike.
She rode around on that little bike for almost the whole time we were at the park, probably at least an hour. She rode the small loop around the playground area, and then she went and did parts of the big loop. And Camille walked around with her little stroller. She's getting to be a pretty confident walker with that thing, I'm surprised she hasn't just tried walking on her own. So, that's what we did -- Brooke biked, Camille walked, and I sort of followed them and kept my eye on everything. And it was so fun! Many times that we go to the park, we go with friends, which we love. Brooke loves playing with little kids, and I love having some contact outside of the house. But it was kind of awesome just going by ourselves. I loved watching the girls, and they really had such a great time. It was great to see them getting some good exercise in, too; their little cheeks were flushed and their eyes were bright.
It was a glorious afternoon! I was thinking, while I was watching them, how fun it is to watch my kids learn and progress. Brooke is doing way better on her bike and learning much faster than I expected her to. It's so fun to watch her confidence grow as she learns how to use the bike. She seems proud of herself and happy to be able to do something so cool and 'grownup'. And I'm proud of her, too. I keep telling her how awesome she's doing with it; I think it's pretty cool.
I said some silent prayers in my heart, thanking Heavenly Father for such a wonderful day!
The rest of our time at the park, I pushed Camille in the swings for a bit, Brooke and I played in the sand for a bit, and then we headed home, to make Nutella & Banana French Toast Roll-ups (which were delicious).
One more cute thing from yesterday before I close:
In the afternoon, after I got the girls up from naps, they started playing happily by themselves, and I thought that was the perfect chance to slip into my bedroom and read my scriptures for a few minutes. I was sitting in Grandpa's chair and reading, when Camille wanders into my room to get the stroller. She didn't see me for some time, so I just watched her silently. She was in an odd position between the dresser and the stroller, and trying to turn the stroller around so that she could start walking. She struggled for a minute or so, and then started squawking (at which point she saw me). Brooke, after hearing her and seeing her struggle, came promptly into the room, also without seeing me, and began helping Camille. She pulled the stroller away from the dresser, put the fabric back onto the frame, and wheeled it in front of Camille so that she could go. Then, having helped her little sister, she turned and walked out of the room, back to whatever she was doing before. It was so cute and sweet to see. I have the best children on the planet! No doubt about it!
*From today -- I pulled out the 12 month clothes for Camille; she FINALLY grew out of the 9 months. I rediscovered these overalls, which, she looks far too cute in!
*Black hands, from crawling around out in the streets yesterday. She had a grand old time, and she got a bath immediately afterwards.*


No comments:
Post a Comment