Today was a different day. Brooke was clearly feeling better today. I'm sure her lip and mouth were bothering her, but she was playing about like normal. She made her usual messes (not out of the ordinary like the other day), and I was totally chill about it. I try to remind myself that they are just messes. They can be cleaned up. And although that means more work for me, it's nothing to get really upset about.
Anywho, we had a pretty good day. I was a bit of a pushover on the tv issue. We watched more than we should have and more than usual. I guess there are those days too. I've been trying to focus more on the "moments of motherhood". People are always saying to "enjoy every minute", because kids grow up too fast (true) and they'll be gone before we know it (also true). It always rubs me a little bit wrong when people say thing. Because I submit that it is IMPOSSIBLE to enjoy every minute. Like I wrote before, we all have those days. Those days when no matter what I do, how hard I try, or how many prayers I send heaven-ward, I'm a little too harsh and short with my kids. Yes, even the little one. And besides. The work of motherhood is time consuming, tedious, monotonous, and thankless 90% of the time. And there is no break.
So, no. I will not even try to enjoy every minute. It would just make me anxious. But I will enjoy almost every minute, and I will look for those fun, special moments that bring joy. I find a lot of them throughout the days. I love hearing Brooke sing, especially when I realize she is singing all the words perfectly of one of her favorite songs. She actually does know them! I love catching Camille's eyes and getting a quick little smile from her. I love sitting down to do puzzles, shape boxes or duplos with Brooke, and reading to Camille.
Here was yesterday's moment for me. Or I should say, one of the many:
We went outside to draw on the patio with chalk. Brooke got herself some chalky buns!
*Drawing shapes for Brooke to identify*
And one of today's:
*Brooke, giving treats to Callie, a cat we are watching*




No comments:
Post a Comment