Brooke was being so cute on Wednesday of last week. I was cleaning her bathroom, and Camille was laying on a blanket in the loft. Brooke was just hanging out with Camille, laying down next to her and talking to her softly. She is always doing cute stuff like that! Tonight, after cleaning up the loft, Brooke started reading books to Camille. And earlier tonight, I was making dinner and Brooke was hanging out with me, sitting on the car. Brooke talked to her, and was keeping her updated on what was going on, explaining, "Mom's making dinner, Camille." It's so fun and cute to see her being such a good big sister.
Brooke, Camille and I took the car on Thursday. We went shopping a little bit and then went to visit Allison Leishman and Lucy. Brooke had fun playing with Lucy while Allison and I chatted.
We took the car again on Friday so that we could go to the zoo. After dropping Daniel off at work, we stopped for a little bit of shopping at Target. We needed snacks and such for the zoo; plus, I had a few more things to get for our date night. Afterwards, we went home so that Camille could get a little sleep and so I could get some food and things together before we went.
We didn't get to the zoo until almost 12:30pm. We made a quick-ish stop at Hobby Lobby so that I could get supplies for a RS craft night. And then once we did get to the zoo, I had to nurse Camille and we had to wait for Maelee and Eli Lungren to get there. They came, and we got into the zoo a little after 1pm. It seemed a little late for us to be going in, but it turned out okay.
It was fun to go with Maelee and Eli. Eli was so excited about Brooke and Camille. He kept pushing Brooke in her stroller and peeking at the baby in her car seat. We hit only the most important animals: the giraffes, the chimpanzees, the hippos (there was a baby hippo!), the tiger, the bear, the gorilla. And, of course, some other animals along the way. Brooke had a grand ole' time! After seeing a bunch of animals, we walked up to the play area for Brooke and Eli to run around and play before Maelee and Eli left. Maelee was out of steam and patience with Eli, so they had to go. We stayed for a bit longer, but not much. Brooke was great. She was a trooper, especially since she had to walk for a lot of the time. But Camille would not sleep! I was shocked. She is normally such a great sleeper; even in her car seat, if she is in constant motion. I thought for sure she would conk out at some point either in the car or at the zoo. But she sure didn't. And by the end of our time there, she was very upset.
What's funny is that after nursing her in the car and driving all the way home, she still didn't sleep! After a full day of not sleeping, she would sleep in the car. No. She cried off and on all the way home. Silly child.
After we got home and I put Camille down for a nap, I started getting Brooke ready for bed. She missed a nap, so ... early bedtime! Daniel got a ride home. And I started getting ready for our hot date. We went to Italy for our date! I chopped veggies and got some dough ready; put out a bunch of candles and set the table; found a playlist on Youtube with some fun Italian music. And we made calzones for our dinner. While they were baking, we had some conversation cards that we went through to have some good talks. We had a little, adorable date-crasher. A cute one. Named Camille. She was asleep for the first part of our date, and then woke up sometime during the calzone-making.
We had dinner, and then probably would have done more fun activities. But our date-crasher needed some help in getting back to sleep. So, I went to take care of that. We still had a wonderful, Italian evening! I'm loving the international dates we are having! That's one more stamp in Daniel's Love Passport!
Saturday was a pretty relaxed day for us. Daniel and I both worked out a bunch. We are doing the arm challenge this month, and at this point, it takes a long time for us to get the whole daily workout done. Brooke probably watched too much tv. Later in the evening, we both got ready to go out. We had a babysitter come watch the girls and we went to a wedding. A friend of ours and a new convert to the church, Christine Liu, was getting married at a member's house. Afterwards, we went to get some dinner at the Corner Bakery. We had a good night out, the first in a long time!
Sunday, after church, I went to visit Briana (I'm getting back into visiting teaching again after a few months ... slacking) and then we had Bruce over for dinner again.
Monday was such a busy day for me. I had a lot of cleanup to do, as I was recovering from the weekend. Brooke didn't take a nap, which always cuts into my time to get things done. And I had to make dinner for the missionaries. Plus, I was preparing for my craft activity for Relief Society, and I spent many hours in the evening cutting strips of tulle for it. It was just a lot. I was a little put out with Daniel about not helping so much. I felt so overwhelmed. The house was a mess, there were dishes everywhere, I have people all day demanding things of me, I had all these strips to cut, and I needed help with something. I was hoping he would take the baby so I could work; which he did... for a little bit. And then he went upstairs to do his own thing, leaving me with Camille. I love being with my baby, but it was a bad night, and I was extremely frustrated. After we read scriptures together, said prayer together and said individual prayers, he apologized for not helping more. Then when I came down, because I had to pump, he came down to cut up strips for me! It was so nice of him! And very helpful.
One funny and cute thing happened that night as well. We are currently watching a cat for Tom Engman, one of Daniel's coworkers, while he and his wife are between homes (living in extended stay). The first week that she was here, she was so scared of us that she hid most of that week in random places. It was very sad. But then she started warming up to us. Mostly she hides during the day and comes out to get some love and attention at night. Well, last night, when I was nursing Camille to sleep and watching tv, Callie comes up to us, meowing and looking for some lovin'. She kind of circles me and Camille, becomes interested in Camille and starts sniffing her head. Then, she started licking Camille's forehead! It was so cute! I was dying. But what was even better is that Camille woke up, stopped nursing and started crying. She really didn't like Callie licking her! It probably felt weird to her, that rough cat tongue. It was too funny! Naturally, I pushed Callie away, and Camille went back to nursing and sleeping.
Here are some funny Brooke and Camille things:
- While Daniel was helping Brooke brush her teeth the other night, she grabs the soap. He takes the soap away from her, and she immediately exclaims, "Dad! Share!"
- Brooke, after getting out of bed one night (I think one of the nights that her mouth was hurting), "I can't go back to bed!"
- Brooke has started coloring pages better; still scribbles, but more centralized in places where things should be colored.
- I have these exercise tension cords of differing strengths, that have detachable handles. Brooke pulls those out of the closet and uses them as a stethoscope, checking on my heart and on my boo-boos. So funny!
- Camille has come so close to rolling the last couple of days. When she is laying on a blanket in the loft while we are playing, she rolls right onto her side. Yesterday she was trying to roll even further over than that, even, and the only thing keeping her from rolling onto her stomach was her little arm. Later that day, she rolled all the way over, but she was on the couch next to me, so I'm not sure I can count that. She was on a little slope; that probably helped. One minute I see she's on her side, I look over at Brooke, look back at Camille, and she's on her stomach! She'll be rolling over in no time!




No comments:
Post a Comment