Sunday, August 31, 2014

Playing with Friends, All Week Long!

I really should be writing more often. Everyday Brooke does something funny or cute, and if I don't write them down pretty soon after they happen, I forget them!

This has been a busy week for us, it seems. Let's see:

Monday was a pretty cool day, for it being August. Brooke and I took a walk in the morning and then met up with some people from the ward at Circle J Ranch Park when we were done. I'm glad that it's been cooler in the mornings lately. It means that I can open the windows and let fresh air in to cool the house before it starts getting hot. And, it also means that Brooke and I can take walks for my workouts again and go to the park. She loves the park, and I love to take her so she can be outside, run around and tire herself out for a nap. :)

After nap that day, we played up in the loft, like usual. Brooke was putting all of her animals (and Dolly, of course) down for naps in her crib. She took them one by one and shoved them through the slats in her crib. When I took her to bed that night, I had to pull half a dozen animals (and Dolly, of course) out of her crib. It was so funny!

That evening, we went to the Butler's house for dinner. They had invited us and the Halls (Daniel used to be Assistant Mission Leader under Brother Hall until recently; now he teaches the 11 year olds in Primary) for dinner. It was nice to visit with them, and the Butlers had a bunch of toys that Brooke found thrilling. She pulled out a broom and started "sweeping" their kitchen floor. I found it adorable.

Tuesday was piano lesson day, which meant that Brooke got to go play with Blake and Brooklyn in the afternoon. Also, that night was a Relief Society temple trip; so Denae Garrison, Nicole Faucete, and I left our kids at the Faucette's house with a babysitter so that we could all go. The boys were staying late at the office for some Fantasy Football kickoff thing (not exactly sure). Daniel said that Brooke was having so much fun when he went to pick her up and take her home. I'm sure she loved being with so many kids and playing with them.

I rode down to the temple with a few other women. It was so nice going to the temple with people that I know. And it's been a while since I have been to the temple. While in the temple, towards the end of the session, I felt an overwhelming appreciation for the Savior. I was just thinking about His life and how everything that He did was for other people. He didn't do anything for Himself. The Atonement was the supremest act of unselfishness, and there is no way I can repay Him for what He did for me! Like King Benjamin said, whenever I do what the Lord asks me to do, to show my love and appreciation, He immediately blesses me for being obedient, and I am again in His debt. It was a very humbling thought process I had in the temple.

I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, my first with a real doctor (Inna was a nurse practitioner; I really liked her a lot, but she obviously can't deliver my baby, so I am starting to see the doctors). I dropped Brooke off at the Garrison's to play while I went. I waited for an hour, saw the doc for all of 5 minutes, and then left. I truly hate going to see doctors. When I saw Inna, I got called in almost immediately after I got there, and then she came in only a few minutes after I was left alone in the room. My appointments took less than a half hour, usually. What is it about seeing actual doctors that you have to sit and wait and wait and wait, and then they finally come in and see you for a few minutes? From the time I got there, to the time I left, it was almost an hour and a half! It's so irritating, and I get all frazzled about it. I also felt bad, because I said I wouldn't be that long, and I knew Denae had plans with her boys.

Anyway ... Brooke and I ran a couple of errands before picking up Daniel. We fed her, put her to bed, Daniel went upstairs to work some more (fall busy season has started...), and I went downstairs to make dinner and clean up the house a bit. We had the LaRue's, our neighbors, over for dinner. They brought their little baby twins (so cute!), and we ate homemade pizza and talked all night. It was fun!

Lucy came over to play on Thursday morning so that her mom could work on their house without distraction. Allison's mom came from Canada to help her again, now that school is back in session. They still have a lot of work on their house. The little girls love to play with each other, though! They were being so cute and funny, chasing each other around the house and screaming. During lunch, they had a fit of giggles for, like, 5 minutes, just looking at each other and laughing. I think they were making silly noises with their lips. It was so funny!

That night, I met up with some girls in the ward to celebrate Denae's birthday for a bit, and then rushed off to a presidency meeting. I was in kind of a funky mood that night. I had fun with the girls, but then we talked during our meeting about some of the things the sisters in our RS are struggling with, and I just got so sad. I felt overcome with sadness about the kinds of lives that some people live, and it's not always hard because of their choices, but because of someone else's bad choices or even unforeseen circumstances. I went home, and prayed and cried. I am so blessed in my life, and I wish there was more I could do for some of the people I know, who have it hard.

Brooke and I went on another long walk and to the park on Friday morning. It wasn't as cool as on Monday, but that's okay. I've been watching the weather. On cool days, we can go to the park, and on hot days, we go to the pool. :) I think we've passed the worst of summer, so now it's possible to do both. That afternoon, we did the pool, too, though. I had invited some girls to come swim with us. Emilee Map and Daisy were the only ones who came; but we had lots of fun with them! Daisy is such a cute little girl, and I think Brooke likes to play with her too. I loved how this week, for various reasons, Brooke had someone else to play with everyday. I hope we can have more weeks like this!

Brooke has been eating more veggies lately, of her own free will and volition! I've been trying to have a wider variety of things for her to eat for each meal, and I think that helps for some reason. So, for her lunch, I could do some tofu, green beans, rice, soy yogurt, and tomatoes, and she'll clean her plate up pretty well, without too much prompting from me. Even the veggies! I'm sure not everyday will be like that, but this week, at least the last part of this week, has been pretty good! I'm proud of her!

She's also been really into her blocks the past few days. When we play upstairs, she likes to use the old linking blocks that Mom gave her and build things. She did an airplane, a train and a crane. None of them really looked like what she was building, of course. But I'm glad she's being creative and using her imagination. And she's getting pretty good at putting those blocks together.

I am 33 weeks along now, and feeling quite big. I'm not swollen yet, though, which is a good thing. I think once I got swollen last time, when I was preg with Brooke, that was the point at which I wanted to be done. It's pretty uncomfortable being swollen everywhere! I worked out a bit more this week, trying to recover from our trip to Medford. I'm getting more excited and more anxious, the further along I get. There are still several projects I want to complete before she comes. And I still need to wash clothes and blankets and things. But I'm getting really excited to meet our new little girl! I'm a little sick, just with a cold. I started feeling it coming on on Friday, and I'm currently missing church so that I don't infect people.

Yesterday Daniel worked most of the day, so it was just me and Brooke. We all went to a baptism as a family. Salvador, our new friend, got baptized. He's come to our house a few times, for lessons and dinners. Daniel performed his baptism, and I played the piano. Brooke was none too thrilled to be there, and about halfway through, she started asking to go home. But it was nice.

Brooke and I played in the afternoon, after nap (I worked on sewing my plaid shirt while she slept ... getting close!), and made banana muffins. Delish! She took a LONG bath yesterday afternoon, before dinner and bed. She was in there for almost an hour, but she was having so much fun. She played with her toys and swam around in the water and splashed.

I watched movies while I cleaned up the kitchen and made Veg Jambalaya for dinner. And while I waited for it to finish cooking, I put my feet up and watched movies some more. I'm afraid of getting all swollen, so I'm trying to be a bit more careful, now that I'm so far along.
Having fun with Lucy
She loves wearing Mamma's shoes
Brooke found Dadda's goggles yesterday :)
Looking so pretty in her Sunday dress! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment