Friday, August 22, 2014

Grapevine Airplanes

This week has been fairly low-key. Brooke and I went to the pool on Monday afternoon. She actually requested going to the pool that day, which I thought was interesting. I think I'm usually the one to suggest it, as I'm usually the one who feels a little bored sometimes and would like to fill more of the afternoons.

Tuesday was a beautiful, cool day. I took Brooke for a long walk in the morning, after Daniel went to work, and then to the park on the way home. It was really great to spend so much time outside. I feel like we've been cooped up in the house a ton lately, which I suppose is true, since it's been so hot and I don't feel like venturing out much (I've been feeling so hot lately, and sweat a lot). She loved going to the park and playing with another little girl for a bit. That afternoon, she, of course, went to the Faucette's to play while I taught Kelsey.

Wednesday is our shopping day. So, most of the morning was taken up shopping. I let Brooke walk pretty much the whole time we were at Wal-mart, which meant the trip took about twice as long as it needed to. I kept having to call her back or go pull her away from something that interested her. She was pretty good to come when I asked her to, though. I worked on getting some stuff for 72 hour kits that day, so they are closer to being completed. I put the new stuff into them when we got home and Brooke was napping.

Yesterday Brooke and I didn't do much. We played with toys a lot, we caught up on our chores, I worked on a sewing project during her nap, and we had a good day just being at home. Stacy Hansen, my visiting teacher, came to visit us, which is always nice. And we went with Emily McKeon (my visiting teaching companion) to visit Caitlin Baker in the afternoon.

Last night, Daniel and I went on a hot date. We went to do the tour of the hospital, for when the baby comes. It made me very excited about having our baby. I have a feeling (mostly a great hope, actually) that this labor and delivery will go much better than the last one. Fingers crossed! I just can't wait to meet this little person and get to know her and love her. And I can't wait to see how Brooke will handle a little sister. I'm sure after the initial adjustment, she'll be a great big sister.

After the tour, we went to this new restaurant, Pizza Rev. It's a "create-your-own-pizza" kind of place. It was really fun! You choose the sauce, type of cheese and meat, and then whatever toppings you want. And they had a lot of great toppings. I really enjoyed it.

Target was just a few stores down from the Pizza place, so we went to get Brooke's birthday presents, and then we went home.

A few cute things from the beautiful child:
  • The other day, Brooke was having grapes with her lunch. She gobbled up the grapes before anything else on her plate, and was just left with the vine, which she just put on the table while she kept eating her lunch. After a little while, she looked at that grapevine, said, "Airplane!", and proceeded to pick it up and zoom it on the table and through the air making airplane noises. It was so funny and cute!
  • This morning, Brooke woke up towards the tail end of my scripture study, and she woke up singing. She was just lying in her crib and singing to herself for a few minutes. I wish I had a recording of it, because it was so cute!
It's been a good week! I feel like I've gotten a lot done!

No comments:

Post a Comment