I woke up early yesterday (before my 6:20 alarm) and couldn't go back to sleep. I didn't work out; I was still trying to recover from our bike ride. :) But I read my scriptures for a while and started cleaning up.
Brooke woke up yesterday morning, and had an almost immediate melt-down. She loves helping with the dishes and getting in the water and everything. Well, I don't want her constantly playing in the sink. So, when she was eating her breakfast, she heard me or Daniel washing our hands and she thought we were doing dishes. Naturally she wanted to help, but we weren't doing dishes, and we wanted her to eat her breakfast. But after that, she wouldn't eat her breakfast. Daniel left me with a screaming baby!
I tried doing a time out later in the morning. Brooke fell apart again while I was organizing food storage in the closet under the stairs. She wanted to go to the park, but when we started getting ready, she stopped being obedient and I told her we wouldn't go to the park if she wasn't a good girl. And ... she fell apart. I did what people have been suggesting and put her in her crib for a time out. I was only going to leave her for a minute or 2. But she tried to climb out and ended up falling out after she was there for a few seconds. She cried harder than ever as she came looking for me, and I felt really bad.
We read books, and she calmed down. I think she even understood when I explained to her why we weren't going to the park and why she was in a time out.
She took a nice long nap yesterday, 2 1/2 hours. And after that, she had a much better day. While she napped, I tried to get some things done on my to-do list and finished Once Upon a Time Season Finale, which was very exciting! When she woke up, I gave her a snack while I swept and mopped the kitchen. And then when I was done, I set Brooke up at the sink to do some water play while I finished the rest of the floors. It was a perfect situation. She is so occupied with "dishes" that I finished and then did my yoga.
Daniel came home while we were putting dinner on (Brooke helped, of course), and after she went to bed, I cleaned up and he went home teaching. I prepared a little Anniversary Something for him while he was gone. I had made oatmeal raisin cookies with Brooke earlier, and I put 5 out on a plate with a note that said, "On the 1st Anniversary Day ... My true love gave to me -- 5 delicious cookies". And I'm doing one for each day this week. 5 days leading up to our 5th anniversary. I thought it would be fun. I hope he likes it. :)
We had FHE and scripture study, and I went to bed. I don't know what he was doing. :)
Today Brooke is doing better. She's been helping me with laundry and dishes this morning, which she loves. I've been cleaning up the kitchen. We went to the park in the later morning, before lunch and nap. It was super-busy today! So many kids! I think she liked it, though, screaming and running around on the playground with the other kids. It was pretty fun.
She's napping now. And I'm trying to get some stuff done. :) As always.
No comments:
Post a Comment