1 year Anniversary Poem
From the day we were wed, ‘tis one year,
An event which does merit great cheer;
And so I will tell,
You must listen well,
To our story, so worthy to hear.
Our first meeting was in a fine class
Of music; since we both wished to pass,
Study we did do
So that we could pull through,
But that’s all that there was … alas!
So concerned was I, once, of my plan
That left no room at all for a man;
Then you came one fall
And ruined it all,
And for that I am your greatest fan!
Hesitant I was for to date,
For the opt of a different mate.
But that all fell through,
Thanks be to you;
Though our courting time came rather late.
That following year was to be
Spent inseparable, you and me;
Did really cool stuff,
T’was never enough.
Marriage? We’d just have to see!
One favorite date where we dressed
In prom clothes, all steamed and pressed.
A cheeseburger deluxe,
Fed grapes to the ducks,
What a wonderful way to De-stress!
But difficult times were to come.
Misunderstood, indecision, and some.
Thank goodness it passed!
We’re together to the last,
And now it all seems kind of dumb!
Mem’ry Grove carries much sentiment,
Where I watched you go down on knee bent;
A question expressed,
The answer was “YES!”
Knowing together our lives would be spent.
“In May!” It was what we both said.
“What a blissful, bright month to be wed!”
The plans were all made,
As our parents bade,
We knew that good times were ahead.
We were married on May twenty-third,
A day of blue sky and song bird.
In the temple were sealed,
(How my head reeled!)
A grander love tale never was heard!
What a wonderful year this has been!
Thank you, for being my best friend!
It’s exciting to know
That wherever I go
I’ll have you there, holding my hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment