May 17, 2001
Monday
Lately, I have been feeling the need to write more often in my journal than I have been the last year or so. But, then, every day when I write, I feel like there isn’t much for me to say! That’s how I feel today at least.
Over the past few weeks since I graduated, I have been writing a list of things that I would like to accomplish during the course of the day, every morning. It’s been hard to feel motivated and to know exactly what I would like to accomplish, now that I’m not in school and have so many pressing deadlines. Mainly, my daily goals have been created to aid me in accomplishing my bigger summer goals: read in my personal training textbook, go to the temple, help Daniel shop for new clothes for his internship, exercise daily, write in my journal and read my scriptures, etc. Last week, I hardly got any of my daily goals accomplished. I spent a lot of time scrapbooking and putting together Brian’s Missionary book, which are good things to do, and needed to be done. But then today, I got done nearly everything I had planned to do.
I woke up late, no big surprise, and then stayed in bed for over an hour reading my book. I’ve been reading a lot lately, and it feels so good to pick up a novel and not feel too guilty for reading it (because I should be doing homework or something like that). I started a book last night called “Juniper” that Julie lent me, and it’s really good, I like the story. I’m almost done with it. Anyway, Dan and I went to work out at a Cross Fit gym here in Medford. Patty Chambers is an instructor there, and she told us to come so that we could check it out and talk to her about fitness instructing, as that will be my internship. It was an intense workout; but I felt really good later about it.
When we got home, I started reading in my textbook (and finished the chapter that I was working on, thank goodness! …I’d been working on it for day, finally got it read), and Daniel started working on the door to our bedroom, the sliding one, trying to fix it. I think he almost has it! I also learned how to hem pants from mom, helped make dinner tonight, read a little more from my book, ate and now I’m going to start looking for a job.
I guess, even though I don’t have much to write about every day, it helps me to write down the things I have accomplished. It helps me to stay on track with my goals and everything. Plus, President Eyring has counseled us to write every day in our journals to remember how the Lord is in our lives every day. I think I have been blessed to come to Medford and to have the means to do the things I have been doing. Also, working out and exercising has been a big part of my life for a while, and I feel very fortunate and blessed to have the bodily capabilities and knowledge that I do. And I haven’t been hurt in quite a while doing all the fun things I’ve been doing. I’m really looking forward to this internship and increasing my knowledge of health and fitness so that I can help those around me, even if I don’t make it a job. I think my Mom and Mother-in-law, as well as some of my sisters, could benefit from a program like that. But, we’ll see. I’m just worried about them all, I want them to be happier and healthier.
No comments:
Post a Comment