December 6, 2009
Sunday
The past few days have been kind of up and down. Friday, I studied in the morning for my Pathophysiology exam, which I took after my biochemistry class. I was really upset about it, because I studied so hard for this test, and I got a C on it! I was really mad afterwards. I got over it quickly, just because I knew that it didn’t really matter all that much. I read some of Brian’s letters that I hadn’t read and wrote to him during the break. I skipped Spanish, mostly because I didn’t want to go (I wasn’t in the greatest mood, you know), but also to work on other things.
After school, I worked on my Spanish project for a little over an hour while Daniel was working with his group. I got sick of working on my project (it was rather frustrating, I couldn’t find many sources on my topic), so I started looking up summer internships, especially with fitness clubs. That night there was a ward Christmas party that we went to. It was good; we had some Hawaiian food and won a “date night kit” in the raffle (which was a fun surprise). We studied pretty much all night after the party, because we have a lot to do to prepare for next week’s projects and tests. I got a lot of my project done for Spanish, which surprised me. I just used books that I’d gotten from the library and that I have. That night before going to bed, Daniel went to the store to get me some cold medicine and stuff for me. It was really nice of him, he’s the sweetest husband in the world. He takes such good care of me.
We went to bed pretty late that night, but then Dan had to go to campus early the next morning to study for a test with his group. I got up after he left, watched a little TV while eating breakfast, and then I started working on my Spanish project again. I found a lot more articles, using different wording in my search, than I had on Friday. I was excited to find more articles to help me out, because then I don’t have to change my topic. I made fried rice about the time that Daniel came home. He watched TV and ate, and I just worked on making food and I started studying for my chemistry exam. Dan went to the ward service project shortly after that, and I stayed home to study, because I am sick and didn’t want to get everyone else sick.
After Dan had been back for a while, I took a nap, and then we went to the temple together. We did iniciatories because Daniel wanted to be quicker about it. It was really good, going to the temple. The wait for iniciatories was about half an hour in the women’s room, so I just read the scriptures for a while before it was my turn. I love going to the temple; it’s so peaceful and calm. What a blessing that we have a temple so close!! Daniel was so sweet, he let me stay in the temple while he went to get the car, because I am sick. He’s such a sweet husband, the best!
When we got home, we cleaned up the apartment a bit, and then dropped by the neighbor’s house for a little while. They were having a Christmas party, and we couldn’t stay long, but wanted to be sociable and meet people. We didn’t know hardly anyone there, so it was a little awkward and weird. But, like I said, we didn’t stay long, and when we got home, Kat was already here, making some food. Dan helped me to make the curry and clean up the kitchen, and then when all the girls started showing up, he went into our bedroom to study. Alicia, Alison, and Naomi came over in shifts and we had a fun time eating good food, talking a whole bunch, and playing Tribond. They stayed a little too late (or way too late), it wasn’t until about one o’clock in the morning when I finally said that I should go to bed. And Daniel was mad at me. He had waited for me for a long time to read scriptures and pray so that he could sleep; and I felt really bad. For like, half an hour, I kept thinking that I needed to get them out so that I could go to bed, but it was hard, because they were talking a lot. That’s all well and good, we needed to catch up with each other because it’s been a while since we have seen each other. But I felt bad about keeping Daniel up. They left, and Kat stayed the night, and she wanted to talk a little while about Michael and her situation, so I stayed out a little longer, in the name of helping a friend out and listening to her when she needed me. She knows her situation and the consequences that will happen because of getting a divorce; but she also feels sick when she thinks about staying married to Michael. I just felt really sorry for her. What a sad and hard situation to be in, and so young!
Kathryn said something really nice last night, when we were talking. She asked me how we were doing, and I said we were really good, that marriage is treating us so amazingly. She said that it feels good here (as in, our apartment), that it feels good and peaceful, that she could really feel the Spirit in our home, which was so different than her place with Mike. That was such a compliment to us, I think, because that is what we really want in our home, and it feels so good that people can come to our home and feel at peace and comfortable. That just touched me so much, that she could feel that. That’s exactly what Daniel and I want in our home.
Dan was mad at me, but we read scriptures and said prayers and went to bed. It took me a while to fall asleep, I just felt so bad and selfish for making Daniel wait all night. And I decided that I need to stop focusing on myself so much. I’m really selfish. Dan does so much for me, and I don’t return it, hardly ever. I felt even worse about that, because I know that Dan will get over being mad, but I realized I don’t treat him as well as I should.
Church was AMAZING today. All of the testimonies were good and I felt the Spirit so strong. Sunday school was about the armor of God, and the Spirit was so strong. And then RS was about Christmas, and the girl teaching, Hilary, had a few women sing Christmas songs in her lesson, and it was so good! I felt so blessed all day to be at church because of how close to God and Jesus, and because of how my testimony was strengthened. It was way good. Kat came to church with us today, and she said she really likes our ward. It is a really good ward. I wish I felt more a part of it!
After church, Daniel and I talked about what happened last night, which was good; we took a nap, and went to tithing settlement with Liz and Adam. Then Kat and I started making food this afternoon for when our friends come over for dinner. Daniel read mostly, he read some of his first journal to us, which was really funny and cute! It’s been a really good Sunday! I have felt so close to Heavenly Father today, I have really felt the Spirit, and I have felt the love of Christ for me. How wonderful it is that I have that! I am so thankful and so blessed!
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment