Wednesday, October 21, 2009

 October 21, 2009

Wednesday

Brianna came over on Sunday night, and we had a good time with her. She’s a nice girl. We just talked to her about what it’s been like for her to be at BYU and what she’s been up to. Apparently, she’s been dating a lot. I think that’s good. As much as I like her, I don’t think Brian should marry her.

Monday was an ordinary day. I had a test to take in the morning, so Dan dropped me off south of campus. I didn’t do very well on that exam, but I’d expected that. I had studied as much as my nerves could take (I stressed a lot over this one); but by Monday morning, I just didn’t care anymore how I did. There are always other tests. After school, Dan and I studied for a while and then had FHE. He did a lesson, mostly a scriptural discussion about something he was reading earlier. But it was good, it got me thinking more about the scriptures. We played racquetball for our activity, and then after we’d played for a while, Dan wanted to run on the track. So he ran the track, and I ran the stairs, for an extra little workout. It felt way good to be active, especially since I didn’t get a chance to work out that day. When we got home, we had to go the store to pick up a few things (which naturally took longer than planned), and we had to do the dishes (which had piled up from the day before). We didn’t get to bed until almost midnight.

Tuesday morning, I went to the gym first thing, studied most of the morning for my exam, and then went to take the Health Occupations Exam at UVU (not the test I was studying for). It took me forever to find the building; I had to call Daniel to help me locate it, and I was really frustrated, and he was really frustrated. Then, when I was actually taking the test, it kept freezing up on me for no reason (and it happened a lot), so I kept having to call the proctor back over to unfreeze the program. But I ended up doing pretty well on it. Overall, I think I was in the 93 percentile of those who’ve taken it. Not bad. That night, Dan and I didn’t do anything but study and go to bed. We did make chicken tetrazzini for dinner, and I had to meet with my new group for Pathophysiology presentation, which took longer than I thought/wanted it to take.

Today is my birthday. It’s been a good day. I woke up in the morning to work out, and when I got back, I got several phone calls from family members to wish me a happy birthday. Dan made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, which were absolutely delicious. It was sweet of him to do it. He even let me open presents in the morning. He gave me a few fun things, Shrek the movie, and Cheez-its. Before going to school, I finished the book I’d been reading for my workouts: Year of Wonder. I liked it, although it seemed to get a little questionable towards the end. It’s based on a true story, which intrigues me….well, actually it’s based on an actual city; but it’s mostly a fictional book. But now I’m really interested in the real town where it took place. Now that it’s finished, I find it a very thought-provoking book, which is strange and hard to explain.

Dan dropped me off at school. I went to class, and then went straight to the testing center to take my sociology exam. I got an A- on it. So, I’m really pleased. Especially since I didn’t study very much for it (I didn’t think it would be that hard).  The person helping me to get my test saw that it was my birthday and gave me a special “Happy Birthday , from the testing center” pencil. It was pretty funny! After the test, I ate some leftover chicken tetrazzini and  studied until my patho class. What was funny was that I forgot to bring a fork to eat the leftovers, so I had to buy some vending machine food that had a sort of eating utensil so that I could eat. I had to get a bagel with cream cheese, because it comes with a mini spoon. So here I was eating tetrazzini with a tiny spoon. It must’ve looked hilarious. I had another ordeal in patho. My patho teacher has us review the concepts we learn after the end of a chapter, and he walks around to help students and answer questions. I was sitting alone today, because I couldn’t see any of my friends in the class (and I was late anyway). My professor knows me, and so he came over to quiz me on my knowledge. He’d ask me something, and I tried to answer to the best of my memory…which wasn’t great. I could hardly remember anything. And I felt bad, as if I was a reflection of his teaching. I take really good notes, mostly so that I can stay awake and pay attention. But my memory of past material is awful, unless I study it extensively. I felt awful. And he seemed incredulous at my not remembering anything. It was bad.

After school, Daniel picked me up and took me to Thai Ruby for dinner, where we ate much curry. It was delicious, and Dan actually really liked it. He wants to go back, I think. We then headed to a little recreational farm, with a petting zoo, corn maze, haunted house and pumpkin patch. Mostly we were there for the pumpkin patch, because I have wanted to go to one since the beginning of October. It was way fun. We fed and pet goats and looked at all the animals. We slid down this really big slide in gunny sacks. We went through a kiddy haunted house. And we went to the patch to pick up our perfect pumpkins. They are beautiful, and I’m so excited to finally have a pumpkin! It was so perfect and fun to go there on my birthday, and I think Daniel is brilliant for thinking of it. When we got home, we put a couple of cakes in the oven (and when I say “we” did it, I mean Daniel did it). A bunch of people came over to celebrate my birthday: Mike Nelson, Alison, Jimmy/Patrick and a girl he brought with him (Lauren), Adam and Liz, Bowman and Stephanie, Cody and Andy. It was way fun. They sang to me and we ate cake and talked altogether. After most everyone left, Bowman, Steph, Dan and I played a couple of rounds of canasta. It was both fun and frustrating (as Canasta sometimes is!).

The night ended with scripture study and prayer with Daniel, and by myself. And we both went to bed. I was a little upset at something too trivial to even mention, but I needed a little catharsis, so I got up to write. Daniel is currently sleeping, I hope. I really love my husband so much. He is so wonderful. Sometimes he does things that upset me or throw me off, but that’s generally my problem, and I’m aware of that. I need to work on it. He did so many thoughtful things for me today, and I feel bad that the day ended as it did. If he ever reads this, I hope he knows that I love him so much! And I’m grateful to him for all he does for me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment