Thursday, October 15, 2009

 October 15, 2009

Thursday

So, Monday was not such a good day, but the rest of this week has been pretty good. Yesterday, I got up to work out, which felt so good, and then I went to school with Daniel. I dropped him off at the Tanner Building, parked and then went to the Wilk to see some of the people in the Center for Service and Learning. One of the ladies that works there, Ronalee, was the teacher of my student development class as a freshman. I think I was the only one from her class who stayed in contact with her, and now we are friends. She is the one who got me working with the Center, and because of her, I was a PD for TOPS for the last two years. It’s been a great experience knowing her and being involved with the Center. Anyways, she collects sand from different places, and while Dan and I were on our honeymoon in Mexico, I collected some really thick, grainy sand for her from Huatulco. So, yesterday, I went in with a dual purpose: to give her the sand (and some sea shells I had also collected at the beach), and to get a letter of recommendation from Casey, the director of the Center. He was really nice about doing that for me, and now I have one of my DH applications taken care of. I sent in the actual application a few days ago, and he was the last person I requested a letter from, so I’m done with UCDH application. It felt good to get that out of the way.

Classes were good yesterday. I felt like I learned a lot in Spanish and Pathophysiology particularly. I always have a hard time staying focused in Biochemistry, and Sociology (though usually refreshing from my usual science classes) was none too exciting because we were going over an article. I felt like I didn’t get much done yesterday, school-wise. I went to class and paid attention (well enough), but when I got home, I ate dinner and relaxed for a little bit, did a little bit of BioChem reading, and then went to guitar class…all by myself! Daniel has had a lot of homework and projects and tests lately, so he didn’t go with me last night. But I really enjoy that class, and I’m having fun learning to play the guitar, so it was fine.

After guitar class, I went grocery shopping for this weekend. There are a lot of things that I have to make for this weekend, so I went to get that stuff. And when I got home, Dan and I played together a little bit and I went to bed, while he stayed up to do a test. So…I didn’t get a lot of studying done, but I did other important things. And I actually did accomplish some good things. Sometimes I have to remember that studying is not the most important thing.

Today, I woke up late (got, like, 8 ½  hours of sleep), ran to campus to do a little weight training, and then headed to class, my seminar class. The class had a guest speaker from BYU, actually, and he spoke about memory in the Hippocampus (part of the brain, on the underside), and his research in that area. It was pretty interesting. About half way through his presentation, the fire alarm went off, which is sad because he was interrupted. And it was hard to get back into his presentation. It was weird that it would happen then, though, because the school knows that that hour is particularly set aside for seminars.

Anyway, I walked home, did dishes and laundry, watched a little Gilmore Girls and ate lunch, and then started studying. But I didn’t get very far, because then Daniel called me to go get him from school, and we took a nap together. I woke up over an hour before he did to study some, but then once he woke up we just spent time together, playing, making dinner, folding laundry.

Today was Bowman’s birthday, and they were having a little get-together at their apartment tonight for that. We went a little later. Dan wanted to make a stop at the dollar store to buy him a little present. But once we got there, we ate a delicious pumpkin cake, played games, met new people, and talked. It was fun.

It was a nice relaxing day for me. Didn’t have much studying. Not that I don’t have any, I just don’t get it done. I have two tests coming up that I haven’t studied for much, and I don’t want to study for them. Senioritis kicks in again! I am ready to be done with school. I’m ready to have time to do things I want to do, to actually CLEAN my house, to read the books I want to read, and to learn the things I want to learn.

Things are really good right now though. Dan and I have so much fun together and we love being married to each other. It’s way better than I thought it was going to be. We have a lot ahead of us, but I’m really confident that we can pull through it and make it through together. We love each other a lot. Dan is the best husband in the world. He’s so nice to me, and he really loves me. He treats me well, and there are just a lot of things I really appreciate about him. It helps that we pray and read scriptures together. It helps that the Lord is in our marriage and that we are always going to the temple together. I know that we are so happy together because we are trying to live the gospel. We are SO compatible in these things, and these things are what matter most.

The gospel is so true, the Lord blesses us so much, and I feel His love every day. The fall season in itself is a testimony of His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment