Sunday, June 2, 2024

May

Not much exciting happened in May (besides Daniel and my trip to New York and Sawyer's birthday). There were a lot of soccer practices and games, track and field practices and meets, RS visits and meetings, school testing, activities, piano lessons, church meetings. Just normal life. 

We finished up most of school. Camille was the first to be done with everything. She was thrilled to be done with school, especially since she was first to be done. Brooke and Jack each had another week of math, and Jack will have to finish up language arts through the summer. We were all so excited to be done with school, though, including me. This was a rough year, and I was feeling very done. And ready to do things other than educate children. My patience was definitely pushed past breaking point many, many times this year. 

Other than usual stuff: 
  • We had the ward bike parade activity
  • I put together my first funeral luncheon. 💔 My friend, Lacey, lost her baby. It felt like a lot of pressure, and we ended up with A TON of leftovers. But it all worked out. 
  • Daniel and I went on a racquetball date. Those are seriously the most fun dates. I really love playing racquetball. We went to dinner at a nicer Mexican restaurant... sweaty and all. 
  • We had a RS activity going to the Saratoga Springs Temple for a session and ice cream afterwards. Sarah, Rachel Curtis and I were the only ones who went. But it was nice. 
  • I went to a play with book club. We read Daddy Long Legs recently, and then all went to a local production of the musical. It was so so fun! I loved the musical. 
  • I invited my presidency to come for dinner one night, which was nice. 
  • We went for a family temple day one Saturday evening. We drove to the Draper Temple with a picnic, sat on the lawn by the temple, ate dinner and talked about the importance of the temple. We went on a little walk around the temple grounds before we went home. 
  • Camille had a stake primary activity that seemed pretty fun. 
  • We had friends come play a bunch, and Sawyer went to Taylor's birthday party. 
  • We all went to Daniel's family work party at the aquarium, where we played, did the claw machine to win a bunch of stuff, got a lot of fun food from the food trucks, went in to see some of the animals, got face paint and henna tattoos, stayed out too late, and had a really fun time!

Jack made an army tank from random stuff around the house 

Last day of preschool

Rolling down the hill on the temple grounds


Brooke's young women's activity going shooting







Cotton candy from dad's work party at the aquarium

And the claw machine where we picked up a ton of prizes. 🤪

No comments:

Post a Comment