Monday, February 6, 2023

Notes about today: 

  • Camille had a tough day today. In the morning, before Daniel went to work, I took her to get her blood drawn for tests. We do blood tests about twice a year before appointments with Dr. Swinyard. She's done so many blood tests before, that I thought she'd be fine. She wasn't. She fought and screamed and wriggled, and she was so worked up that she went limp and pale at one point. They stopped the blood draw before they got enough blood, to allow her to recover. But then they had to take from her other arm. Overall, it was an ordeal. And we didn't love it. I don't know why she got so upset this time. I mean, she never loves it; but the past handful of times, she handles it pretty well. Anyway, we went to get donuts afterwards, for us to feel better. Then in the afternoon, she had an orthodontist appointment, to switch her bands and take a mold of her mouth (which she hated; she gagged and almost threw up, and the lady had to hold it in her mouth so that Camille couldn't pull it out... it was not good, but we got it done). It was a rough day, with both of those in one day. Poor Camille. 
  • We made Valentine's for cousins, aunts and uncles, and Gramma and Grampa Fern. The kids made paper Valentines and notes for everyone, and we filled packages with treats and games and fun Valentines things, like pencils and decorations. It took all afternoon and part of family home evening, and we still weren't done. Construction paper and markers everywhere, paper scraps, glue, tape, stencils. The counter was quite a mess! But it was also quite a project. We'll finish them up and send them all tomorrow. 
  • On the way home from all the things this evening, we drove by an empty field close to our house, and Camille said, "Oh look, there's those cows, that cow field we saw before. Or, no, they're goats!" I said, "No, silly, those are cows, you were right the first time." And she said, "Yea, I thought they were cows, but then I wasn't sure.... Actually, at first, I thought they were horses!" And then she giggled. She's such a charming person. 
  • I was getting some food ready, and I was putting banana in something, I don't remember what. But i told Sawyer we were putting damana in it (that's Sawyer's weird for banana). And he said, "Oh, damana, ggsactly (exactly)." And it was adorable. 
  • One of my favorite things that Sawyer says now is "belly" when he is saying "berry." Like for example, when he means "blueberry," he says "bluebelly." And the other day, he was talking about "library books" and said, "libelly books." So cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment