Thursday, August 25, 2022

Brooke's 10th Birthday

Brooke turned 10 this week! 😭 Daniel and I can't believe how big she's getting, and it's unreal that she's 10 already. I sometimes dream about when she was 5 or 6, and how fun it was to have all little kids. Now I have big kids mixed in with my little kids. 

But it's actually pretty fun to have a big kid. She's playing more grown up games with us now and developing her own interests and getting a fun sense of humor. 

She is still a Bookworm. I don't think that will ever change. She and I have been reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire since the beginning of summer. We're only halfway through, but she's been loving it. She and Daniel are making their way through Fablehaven, and they've been loving it. She reads so much, I have a hard time keeping her in books, and it's becoming ever more essential to hit the library every week or two.

She loves to craft. Still. I'm not sure that will ever change either. She's loved making things with Camille for the dollhouse and the dolls, and the things they make are so cute and cleverly done. She loves to crochet, even though her skills and knowledge are still somewhat limited. She makes scarves and blankets for her Stuffies, and she's even made a beanie and sweater for her kitties. We love seeing what she creates out of nothing. She just has a talent for it. 

She normally gets along well with her siblings, and is becoming really good at helping out with them. But lately she's in a phase we are struggling with: she has been enjoying bugging people intentionally. It's not my favorite. She's also gotten into this bad habit of pulling out all her eyebrow hairs and eyelashes. 😬 Daniel and I have been trying to get her to stop for weeks. I hope it doesn't cause

But we love her. She's a happy kid, she's pretty easy going, and she enjoys so many things. It's not hard to please Brooke. 

She's my little social butterfly, she loves being with her friends. And she's still so good at playing with kids of all ages. She likes playing with little 5 year olds, as well as 12 year olds. Kids are constantly wanting to play with Brooke and want to know what she's doing. She's loved going to Primary activities the past few years. It's been fun for her to get together with friends and do fun things. 

This summer she took cheer again and loved it again. This fall she's playing soccer again, and we'll see how it goes for her. She had fun last year. Aside from reading and crafting, we haven't really found her thing. I also have her taking piano lessons from Sarah Frei, which is better than when I was teaching her. It just didn't go very well. 

We didn't do any school for Brooke's birthday, per the girls request for this school year. We took the day off and did fun things. She opened her presents (which consisted of a big package of bracelet making floss, a Harry Potter cookbook, Harry Potter coloring book, and a big tub of perler beads) in the morning. Then she and her siblings played with her things for the day. We also took a little trip to hobby lobby for her to pick out a piece of fabric to buy. She chose a big piece of this really soft leopard faux fur.

That afternoon, we went to the pool as a family. Daniel met us there, and the pool was so dead, almost nobody there! It was so great. We played and went down the slides and jumped off the diving board. And when it was time to go, we stopped at the lehi bakery to pick up donuts. She didn't want a real birthday cake this year -- she wanted donuts for her cake. 😊

Her request for birthday dinner was (finally -- I've been waiting a long time) not kid food!! She wanted cream cheese salmon, cucumbers, and fruit salad. It was very yummy. I had to get right to cooking when we got home while Daniel bathed the little people. 

We ate and had donuts, and it was the perfect birthday for her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment