We went to the farms this afternoon spontaneously, and it was so fun. The girls got to milk a cow and Sawyer rode a pony for the first time. He loved it! I put him on the saddle, and he grabbed the saddle horn right away and held onto it. He was so stable up there, I don't even think he needed me to walk by him and keep my hand on his leg, but I did anyway, to help him feel more secure. He did so well, and he loved it. He kept leaning forward to pet the pony. It was adorable.
We stopped to see Brooke's favorite horses, the percheron draft horses, and Sawyer loved going up to them to pet them. I had to keep my eye on him and those huge horses, to make sure they didn't bite his fingers off on accident.
Brooke asked one of the workers what the horses names were. Previously, she had named them herself: Smoky and Creamy, for the white and gray horses; Coco and Brownie, for the brown horses. But we learned their name are actually Dock and Daisy (white horses), and Captain and King (brown horses). We left shortly after, it being a very successful visit. 😊







No comments:
Post a Comment