President Harward:
- Faith in Jesus Christ is similar to muscle breaking down and building back stronger (or the opposite, atrophying) -- if we use it, it gets stronger
- Increasing your faith is the answer to all struggles and problems (quoted from president Nelson)
- It takes faith to do all the things that we are already doing
- 3 things to strengthen faith: 1) stay on the covenant path -- attend temple, live your covenants; 2) study the words of scripture and of the modern day prophets; 3) pray often.
- Applications for my own life: deeper study of the scriptures; attend the temple every month, or more often. As I strengthen my faith muscle, it gets bigger -- my faith grows stronger.
- Building muscle takes time and energy and effort. Atrophy happens when we do the opposite, but once it happens, it makes certain tasks more difficult. Take the time and energy to build faith.
Elder Singer (Quorum of the 70)
- Brother Boyce Fitzgerald testimony-- miracles happen after we take the first step. Takes that first step of faith, and then miracles follow.
- A key to exercising faith -- live according to the promises the Lord gives. Live according to the promises the Lord gives in Patriarchal blessings. Power in living according to the promises. And watch your faith grow.
- Don't discount the work you are doing here where you are.
- Get comfortable with the temple, with the feeling there. Take your children to the temple whenever you can. Go as often as you can. Think of the sacrifices you need to make to spend time with your children in the temple. Time in the temple. People change when they spend lots of time in the temple.
- All temple ordinances flow and go together, so do all 3 back to back.
- The temple is the house of the Lord. How does he conduct his work in the temple? If a mistake is made, does he yell? Does anyone yell? How do people behave? Dress? Converse with each other?
- What is the Spirit teaching me? Lesson for me: the Savior loves and can save EVERYONE.
- Our stake and youth need more power. Family history work is the antidote to pornography.
- If we don't have a foundation built upon Christ and the temple, and invite power into our lives, we will not survive spiritually in the days to come.
- The Lord will help you, even if you're awkward or clumsy -- it might make it easier for the Lord to work through you. His burden is light. We need to be yoked to the Savior and we need his power.
- Go to work and save the people you love. Invite them. Prophesy to them. Make promises. Give them blessings.
The Spirit was so strong in this meeting. Elder Singer spoke for a long while, and as he spoke it was so quiet. Everyone was just hanging on his every word. He entreated us to live worthy and plead with the Lord for more power in our daily lives.
My big takeaway was that I need to get to the temple, soon and often. I'd like to make a goal, from now until Christmas, to go to the temple once a week. It's hard because temple here are so busy and you have to make appointments well in advance. But even if I can only do initiatories every time I go, it would be better than not going. It'll take some sacrifices for sure. But I've heard general authorities speaking about the importance of the temple so, so much lately. They're almost frantic for us to get to the temple. I need to make it happen.
I've also been feeling lately that we're really winding up to the second coming. I think it's going to be soon. The way that prophets, apostles and other leaders have been talking the past few years makes me believe that more than ever. I want to be prepared. And I want my family and loved ones to be prepared too. I'll need to seek the guidance of the spirit to know how I can better do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment