So far this summer has been fun and busy. I've tried to take my kids out to do something fun every day of the week: library, book store, splash pad, pool, Thanksgiving point venues, playing at friends houses, picnic with dad, movie nights. They've been staying up late every night, almost, because we're just so busy doing things lately. It's been fun, and also slightly exhausting for me.
What makes this difficult is that Sawyer's naps are no longer regular or consistent. Very often he'll take a fine morning nap, but then not sleep in the afternoon. Or, I'll have to put him down for quite a late afternoon nap, and then he only sleeps for 30 or 40 minutes, an hour if he's lucky. It makes any planning difficult, though, because if he doesn't nap in the morning, I put him down midday, and then all our activities get pushed into later afternoon. He's probably transitioning to one nap, but I'm not ready for that, and I feel like he's still too little for that.
We have a summer bucket list this summer. We sort of missed out on that last summer. It was kind of a different sort of summer. But we weren't going to skip out on it this year. I'll have to take a picture of our bucket list this year, but we've got some fun things we're doing.
Daniel's been working a lot lately. Divvy was bought by another big company, and the workload and stress for him has been really hard. We miss him when he works a lot.
This last week was a fun week for me. I had book club one night, Diane and Hou staying over night the next night, and then bunco the night after that. Plus, I've also been reading like crazy. I got really into the series we started for book club "a curse so dark and lonely". It was so good, and I read way too much and was far too invested in the characters and story. I haven't gotten into a book that badly in a long time. I neglected many things, until I finished all 3 books. It was nice to have a more fun and irresponsible week. But it's probably time to get back on track this week.
I signed up for a half marathon that's to take place in September. (I signed Daniel up for it too 😂🤪🙃) That gives me enough time to train for it. Except that I've been having really bad hip flexor pain on my right side every time I run. I went to see a chiropractor 4 times last week, and he said my hips were all out of whack. He popped my hips every time I went, trying to get them to stay aligned, and he did a great job. My lower back pain is all but gone; still just an achyness, but so much better. But my hip flexor pain still happens when I run. Trying to decide what to do about it.
A week ago Saturday, Brooke and I hiked the 'Y' with DeAnna and her boys, and we had a really good time. It was hard, but very fun. Brooke did so well, she didn't complain at all and didn't seem to have a hard time with the climb. She was so fun to go with, and she loved spending time with DeAnna's boys. We went out for donuts at krispy kreme after we were done.
We watched Bowman and Stephanie's kids the weekend of labor day, and had so much fun. We ate pizza, we had a movie night, we went to Thanksgiving Point a couple times, had a bubble party at the Smith's house.
We've really been making a lot out of this summer so far. I'm actually really proud of us! But also, we're making up for last summer.
![]() |
| Sawyer has been clapping a lot lately. Every time one of says, "yay, Sawyer!" He claps. It's adorable. |
![]() |
| Scott gave Daniel a patriotic hammock for Father's day, and the kids loved playing with it with their cousins. |
![]() |
| Bubble party!! It was so fun. They loved it. |
![]() |
| Camille and Miah were so good at catching butterflies this day at the butterfly biosphere. |
![]() |
| Snow cones stand |
![]() |
| Doing a little kids yoga for exercise |
![]() |
| Eating Popsicles together on the swing. If this picture doesn't scream summertime, I don't know what does. ☀️ |
![]() |
| Sawyer loves going through the trash nowadays and pulling things out. He found an almost empty jar of almond butter and started eating out of it. |
![]() |
| A little late night with our friend Morgan. |



























No comments:
Post a Comment