Daniel took the girls camping this weekend. They planned a trip with Chris and Brooklyn and Bailey to go camping near Goblin Valley. They left around noon on Friday and found a spot to camp (not at a designated camp site... the girls were not a fan of peeing in the wilderness π), and went to see Goblin Valley that afternoon. He said the girls loved it and had so much fun together! And, of course, one of the things that stuck out for Brooke was the bum rock. π
The next day, they did Little Wild Horse Canyon together after packing up camp. Apparently, they all did really well on the hike, and had a good time. Even Camille. Daniel was worried about taking her, thinking it would be hard for her to hike so much. But she loved it, along with the bigger girls. I'm glad they could go on such a fun trip.
Having them gone meant I was home with the two cute little boys. Friday was mainly spent cleaning up the entire house to near perfection. I spent hours cleaning up, and the kids helped a little. But the result was so good. I do love being in a clean and tidy house! Jack watched some TV while I was busy with things, and after Sawyer woke up from his nap, we ran a couple of errands and picked up dinner and Swig on the way home. The boys were so good when we were running errands. They were patient and calm and didn't complain too much. It was hard at one point keeping Jack from falling asleep in the car... that almost always happens in the late afternoons. But I mostly successfully kept him awake. I really wanted them to sleep early and well that night. π¬
And after I got them to bed, I relaxed a little bit, ate some dinner, and then finished up with a few of the things I still wanted to get done.
Since Friday was mostly spent cleaning up and running errands, Saturday was mostly fun! I asked Jack to think of some things he wanted to do, and he came up with a list. We didn't get everything done that he wanted to do; we missed a couple of things. But I think we did pretty well! Here's what we did, after breakfast and me working out: watched TV; went for a bike ride (me towing both boys. It was hard!); hit the park for 20 minutes; lunch of their choice; more TV time; did mommy time in the basement; took a picnic dinner to Thanksgiving Point Farm, where we saw many animals and got a tractor wagon ride; did baths for both boys -- they were SUPER dirty and stinky! And then bedtime. We had a full day, and it was fun!
Sawyer was so adorable at the farm. I think he's a little animal lover. He loves anytime we see dogs when we're out and about, he makes little "awwww!" sounds and does this cute little fussy giggle, like he just can't handle how cute they are. And he's never been very afraid of Sammy, when we've had her staying at our house. He was like that just about every time he saw a new animal at the farm. That is, until a goat bleeted too loudly and scared him. And then he was always a little bit nervous. π
Jack's been doing this funny little "thumbs up" sign lately that is just killing me, it's so cute. He gets this cute little smile on his face, and sticks his thumb out whenever he likes something or when I tell him what's going on and he agrees. I love it. He's not making the right face in this picture; I couldn't get him to give me the right face. He usually pinches his eyebrows together and gives me a tight-lipped smile, with that little dimple showing. But this is as good as I could get. He said this was the only face he could make. π
I got my hair cut and colored on Thursday! I never get it colored, but Daniel always says I should, so I did it to surprise him, as part of my anniversary gift to him. It turns out he didn't love what I ended up getting, but maybe I'll try to do what he likes in the fall.
Camille didn't have school this past week for kindergarten testing. It was kinda nice having her home. Although she did get bored sometimes, when Jack and Brooke were both gone for school. We did have a fun play date one morning at Sarah Frei's house.
These last few weeks of school are going to be busy!


No comments:
Post a Comment