When did this happen? I am not in the business of loving my children growing up. I keep telling them to slow it down, but, like always, they don't listen.
Anyway. Jack turned 4 yesterday, and it was quite a birthday. I stayed up late the night before, decorating and wrapping presents, and swooning over all the old Jack pictures I was printing off. For example:
I digress again.
He woke up to presents, balloons and orange glowsticks on the table and a new outfit (with a rhino on it) to wear. He opened his presents before the girls left for school, and his favorite present by far was the remote control police car we'd gotten him. Also, 2 really cool books (diggersaurs and a book about dirt with all kinds of trucks in it). He played with it almost non stop and was so sad later in the day when he couldn't find it. (We eventually did find it)
Our cute little neighbor, McKray, came over to play with him for a couple of hours, and he watched some truck videos and listened to just about all the truck tunes he wanted.
When the girls went to Harvey's birthday party, the boys and I had a fun little outing: we drove down to the Disney store. Someone had given us a Disney store gift card when Jack was born, and there was still some money left on it. I thought this was a fitting way to use the rest -- we went to the store, and he picked out something to buy. It really didn't take him long. He picked out something much too expensive at first, and then afterward chose the set with 9 cars in it! 😂 Of course.
On the way home, an ambulance drove next to us for several minutes, which he was in heaven about. And when we were sitting down to dinner, some construction trucks were right outside our house, fixing a hole in the rode. He watched until they were just about done. And then, of course, it was trash day for us, so he got to watch the garbage trucks. I said all these vehicles must've known it was Jack's birthday and made a showing just for him.
He chose hotdogs and "chickie nuggies" for dinner, and I added some veggies in my own, though he's the only one that didn't eat any. And his cake was decorated with a tractor harvesting some veggies.
It was quite a day for my quite a boy.
Jack is our funny little man. He's silly and funny and likes to make us laugh. He has very few interests, but he is very devoted to those interests. His favorite color is orange, and his favorite animal is the rhinoceros. He also loves dinos. He's a snuggler, and often asks me or Daniel to snuggle with him and his blankie on the couch. He's developed a love for reading, and, aside from his truck books, he loves Mercy Watson and The Princess in Black series. Until recently, he's had nightmare problems and used to wake up at least a few times a night crying. Bugs were his main problem, but snakes were also mentioned a few times. He kept thinking bugs or snakes were there in his bed or room. Thankfully, we seem to have turned a corner there, and he hasn't been waking up in the middle of the night at all for a few weeks. He loves watching videos, mostly of trucks, but he'll tolerate other things that the girls pick, and I love hearing him giggle over something funny in a movie or show. He's still our best and most enthusiastic dancer, and he loves music. He loves his preschool group, his little friends, and he's always excited to go to preschool. He plays really well with Brooke pretty much all the time, and sometimes with Camille (when she's in the mood to be nice to him). He loves Sawyer and is so sensitive to his little feelings. Just today, when I took the kids to the park, I put Sawyer down on the grass for a minute to help one of he girls, and Sawyer started fussing. Jack immediately stopped what he was doing and went over to be with Sawyer and help him feel better. And Sawyer stopped fussing. It was the sweetest thing to see. We sure love our Jack. I'm so glad he's mine.







No comments:
Post a Comment