Monday, October 19, 2020

Some Things of Late

  •  A couple of Mondays ago, Brian and Sammy invited us to go to Jakers with them. Jakers is a little pumpkin patch, corn maze, theme park for little kids. It's a bit like Cornbelly's but on a much smaller scale, and more geared towards little kids. We had a good time! Jack loved the corn pits, Brooke and Camille loved the slides and the animals. We went on a hayride altogether with Brian's family, and Jack just loved that, too. The tractor trailer took us through the pumpkin patch and corn fields, and it was beautiful. Sawyer was so good, too. He was super tired for a lot of it, but I just wore him in the carrier, and he did just fine until the very end when we were leaving. 
  • I had a girls night the 1st of the month. A handful of us went to Cornbelly's all by ourselves. No kids. It was actually really fun! We did the corn maze together, we got treats and watched a weird Halloween lights show, we sat by the fired and chatted. It was so nice to get out of the house by myself and connect with my friends.
  • I also had a girls movie night the week after that, ha! I told the ladies that went to Cornbelly's that I've always wanted to watch Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in October, but that Daniel hasn't ever wanted to do that with me. So, DeAnna Christensen and I picked a night, she hosted and we invited a handful of girls to come. We each brought random treats to share, and we watched the movie and chatted. It was a super weird movie, not one I'd likely watch again. But, again, it was nice to get out and hang out with friends.
  • One Saturday, about a week ago, Daniel and I took the kids to a local pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins. It was strictly a pumpkin patch, no rides or anything, although they did have animals. So we didn't stay too long there. We took a few pictures, the kids picked out way too many pumpkins that we then had to pare down, and we left. But it's a family tradition, and we love it. The kids get excited about going to the pumpkin patch. I had a devilish time trying to get a good picture of all of the kids with the pumpkins, though. They were not having it. They just wanted to look at all the pumpkins and pick out their perfect ones.
  • On the 3rd, I took Brooke and Camille to Daisey Mapps' baptism. She came to Utah to get baptized because California has all kinds of crazy Covid restrictions. We felt so loved and special that she thought of inviting Brooke and Camille to her baptism, and we loved getting to take part in her special day. They invited us to her uncle's house for lunch afterwards, and the girls loved playing with Daisey and Lillee. The next week, we had Emilee and her kids come over for a play date.

No comments:

Post a Comment