The month of August has been a little bitter sweet. We came to the end of our togetherness era due to covid. We'd been together, mostly by ourselves, for almost 5 months, and all of a sudden we were looking at the start of school coming, and preschool for Jack. I was a little sad, but also excited for the kids.

I love watching my kids with Sawyer. They love him so much, and they obsess over him almost as much as I do. Brooke is such a good sister; she loves helping with Sawyer, dressing him and bathing him. Camille is sometimes too much for him, and I have to remind her to be gentle and quiet with him, or he'll get upset. But lately, she's been so good with him, making him smile and babble to her. Jack has always loved Sawyer and the transition for him has been surprisingly great. He's not as obsessed as the girls, but he's interested in him and asks how he's doing and such. Sometimes, he does little things to try and play with him, which is the cutest thing to watch.

Daniel and I had a really fun at-home date one night. We had an old date box we'd never used, and the theme was 'mocktails'. The box provided a cocktail shaker thing (can't remember the actual name of it) and fancy measuring tools. It also had recipes to try. We spent all our time in the kitchen making the mocktails together and snacking on cheese and crackers. In our time waiting for syrups to cool, we played Uno and asked conversational questions. It was a really fun date. Plus, Daniel looked really hot.
Brooke made her own pinata for her birthday. I helped her with the batter and getting the strips onto the balloon. But she decorated it all on her own after it was dried and hardened. She made it into a unicorn.
Brooke's actual birthday was a fun day. Daniel and I had decorated the night before with streamers and balloons, so that it was all fun when she woke up. After we all had breakfast and got ready, we surprised Brooke with a trip to the pet store to buy her a hamster for her birthday. We got a cute little female pygmy hamster, light brown with a little gray stripe down her back and red eyes (that Daniel thinks are creepy). She's real cute, and Brooke had us all vote on what we should name her. I can't remember all the choices, but Pie-Pie won out. So we have a little hamster named Pie-Pie.
Daniel and Brooke spent the afternoon making a little hamster home out of a big storage container we had and some screen material. We tried to leave Pie-Pie alone as much as possible that day, and for a few days after, just so she could get used to her new home. But Brooke was pretty thrilled about it.
All afternoon, I prepared dinner and cake. In the evening, Brooke's cousins, Brooklyn, Bailey, Anna and Callie came over with their parents to celebrate with us. They did the pinata (which lasted approximately 2 mintues -- everyone got one turn to hit the pinata, starting with the youngest, before Brooklyn got to it and smashed it to smithereens), they played together and looked at the hamster. We had pizza for dinner, and Brooke had a blueberry banana cake with lemon frosting and decorated with Ariel.
No comments:
Post a Comment