Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Sleepiness in the Household

Jack's been picking up a whole bunch of words these days. It'd be too hard to try and come up with a list of all his words; he's learning so many every day. But it's so cute and fun to see him learning and TALKING. It's so weird. My baby is not so much of a baby anymore.

Last week was a weird week. Brooke only had 3 days of school because Monday was Veteran's Day, and they didn't have school Friday for Parent Teacher Conferences. It was nice to have Brooke with us all day on Monday. I can't remember what we did (of course), it was probably nothing big. But I always like having my kids at home. I volunteered in Brooke's class on Tuesday of last week, which is always fun, and Jack and Camille spent the morning at Hillary Erdmann's house, playing with Olive. I think they like playing with Olive. At least, she and Camille seem to get on pretty well, which surprises me. Both of their little personalities are quite ... intense. And the littlest things can set them both off. But maybe that's why they get along, because they are so much alike.

Anyway, after I picked them up that day, I decided to feed them before putting Jack to bed, even though he was super late for his nap. I just figured he'd sleep better with a full stomach. He was doing so well, eating and talking and smiling and giggling. And I was doing something at the counter while chatting with him a little while he was eating and sitting in his high chair. I turned to focus on what I was doing, and then literally less than a minute later, I looked back, and this is what I saw:


He fell right to sleep in his high chair, poor little man. He was so tired. But, of course, carrying him up to his bed was the best part of that day, because he was all limp and cuddling up on my shoulder and sleeping. And I loved it.💗💗💗

The evening there was a Relief Society activity. We met at the church and watched a documentary about President Nelson. It was so good! It was so fun to learn about his life and his talents. I've had a soft spot in my heart for President Nelson for a long time, and I've only grown to love him more since he became the new prophet in February. When he spoke to the women of the church this last General Conference, I could just feel his great love for all of us. He's just so amazing!

Thursday was kind of a weird day. Camille was super out of it all day long. She slept through the whole of Brooke getting ready and our morning routine. Then, she came downstairs at one point and ate just a tiny bit of something. Then she went over to the couch, snuggled up with her blankets and pillow, and fell back to sleep. She slept on the couch like that all morning long, while Jack and I played together upstairs. After I put him down for his nap, she woke up and ate and was up. But she still seemed a little out of it, not quite her usual self, pretty low on energy. I couldn't see if anything was really wrong, though. She didn't have a runny nose or a fever or a sore throat. She didn't complain about a headache or anything else hurting her. She seemed generally fine, except that she was sleeping a ton and sort of low on energy. It was really weird.


Thursday was a half day at school, and I let the girls watch a little tv, even though it wasn't Friday, because of Camille not feeling very well, and because it was the beginning of Thanksgiving break for Brooke!

Daniel and I went to Parent Teacher Conferences on Friday morning, and Nicole watched the kids at her house. She sent me some really cute pictures of her kids and my kids playing together. She has 2 older girls and a couple of boys Brooke's and Camille's ages. But it was so cute to see the older kids playing with the younger ones.

Ms. Johnson had really nice things to say about Brooke. She said that Brooke is the cutest, sweetest most thoughtful girl, that she plays nicely and fairly with the other kids, that she follows directions really well and keeps the rules really well. She also said that academically she's right where she needs to be, and even excelling in some areas. She's in the highest reading group, and she's doing well in math. We were really proud of Brooke, and it's nice to be the parent that hears good things about their kid. Brooke is pretty low maintenance, though. She tries to be good and do what's right, and she doesn't require that much direction or correction (at least so far). She's pretty awesome, and I really like her. I suspect that bringing Brooke up isn't going to be very difficult.

After conferences and an errand, we came home, put Jack down for a nap (poor baby has been late for naps a lot this week), and the girls got to watch a little tv again. Lucky them. 😊 It was a pretty low-key afternoon. After Jack's nap, we all went outside to play and while the girls rode around on their bikes and Jack pushed the little stroller around, I followed them and walked and sat where they played and called my siblings. I had a really good conversation with Scott, who I haven't talked with for a while. He's up at BYUI, schooling it up and dating this girl and dancing on their folk dancing team. Sounds like he's doing really well.

I spent most of Saturday cleaning up the downstairs, which had really gotten out of hand during the week. And Daniel spent most of the day working. So, poor kids, they were mostly on their own all day. After the kids went to bed, Daniel and I were super lazy. And we were quite stupid. We watched 2 long movies back and back and didn't go to bed until 1 in the morning. Ugh. We enjoyed spending time together and making fun of the movies we watched. But we were pretty tired the next day.

Sunday was busy. I had choir practice in the morning, and then played the organ for Sacrament meeting, plus we did our Thanksgiving choir performance that day. It was really good! Daniel said it was the best performance he's ever heard from the choir. After church, Daniel went on a ministering visit while I hung out with the kids. Jack napped, and I played games with the girls. We had fun! And at one point, Brooke dragged me outside to play frisbee with her. She'd inexplicably found an old frisbee in the garage, and I taught her the basics of throwing it, and we played for a bit outside. It was fun! She's not too bad, for having just learned and for being such a wee child. I ended the day by Stake choir practice. We're preparing for the Christmas program, which is gonna be awesome! Plus, I just love singing in the choir. Especially at Christmas time.

Yesterday was a nice day. The kids and I ran errands in the morning, which put Jack's nap a little later than usual. But we returned some jeans I'd bought, and we bought some Christmas gifts and things for Thanksgiving.The girls and I played outside while Jack was napping. We played frisbee for a while, and then they ordered me to pull out this bike that the Erdmanns gave us (like, ancient and beat up, but still functional), and we rode around the neighborhood close to home. It was fun! I need to get the trailer hook ups on my bike so that the kids and I can do more bike rides together.

After naps, the kids and I went to the Delhoyos house to play. I haven't hung out with Heather in so long, and I just needed to see her. Plus, her kids love hanging out with my kids, even though they're all older. She was working on making about a billion rolls to sell for Thanksgiving, and I helped a little tiny bit and kept her company while she worked. And we talked. It was really nice.

Other than all that, we went to the park last week one day, I've been completely lazy lately watching old episode of Gilmore Girls (it still sucks me in, even though I've seen it all about a billion times), and I also worked on making plans for Christmas gifts for everyone. I really need to hop on it. Usually, I like to have most of the shopping done before December. But I've not really been thinking about it much this year. It's coming quick, though! And Thanksgiving is in 2 days! I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment