Saturday, August 27, 2016

Getting My Motivation Back

Motivation to write in my journal has been very low the last month or so. Maybe because it's been so long that I feel like I have to catch up. So ... let's not do that. Here's a few bullet points from the last month:
  • Adam and Emily came to visit us a few weeks ago for their summer vacation. They stayed with us a week and we all had a great time. We spent the day in Malibu at the beach one day, they did their own thing for a few days, we went swimming with Emily and took her to Hurricane Harbor one day. We played games together at nights, when the girls went to bed, and Emily and I had a fun little girls night with Brooke. We let her stay up late, painted our nails and toenails while we watched Beauty and the Beast. I think she felt so special staying up like a big girl, and we had fun.
  • Daniel's been working a really ton, so we haven't seen him much. We do our own thing, and he works a lot. Poor guy! He hasn't been sleeping much, or working out at all, and he has no time to just relax and veg. The girls and I have been keeping busy with housework, going to HH and the pool, doing some shopping. The past couple of weeks I've actually been really busy watching other people's kids for a little bit during the days. Last week, I had a preschool meeting with the other moms doing preschool with us, and the kids ran around and played together, which was really great for everyone involved. The kids all played so well together, we were dying from all the cuteness.
  • We are PREGNANT!! We found out a week ago that we are expecting our 3rd Baby! And we couldn't be more thrilled! I've been quite baby hungry for a few months. Julie had her baby, a little boy named Arro, and seeing pictures that she posts on social media is just killing me! He looks so sweet and cute, and I just want my own! And now, we'll be having one of our own. I haven't noticed many pregnancy symptoms yet, other than that I am STARVING ALL OF THE TIME. I don't remember being this bad with Brooke or Camille; I remember being a little more nauseous with them (maybe that's still coming this time). But I am so hungry all the time right now, like I cannot get enough food. I finish eating and am still feeling hungry, even though I eat a lot. So, though it's probably not great that I'm eating a ton, ... I'm eating a ton, in an effort to satisfy and be comfortable. I also think my sense of smell has heightened already. I'm noticing bad smells around the house a lot more. I cannot believe that we're going to have 3 kids relatively soon! It's been hard to wrap my head around it. We haven't told anyone yet, so maybe that is a contributing factor. We'll probably start telling people in a few weeks, but we'd like to keep it to ourselves for a little while.
  • Brooke's birthday! Her 4TH BIRTHDAY! I can't believe I have a little 4 year old already. And she's just such a cute little 4 year old. We're having lots of fun with her. The tantrums have gone down in frequency and intensity, which is nice, and she's become so helpful with things. She loves helping me set the table now, wash mirrors and windows, clean parts of the bathroom, make dinner, fold the rags, ... the only thing she sometimes complains about is picking up the toys and books in the loft. We still fight about that every now and again. I'll do a separate post about Brooke's birthday and about what she's up to these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment