Thursday, July 21, 2016

Our Fourth of July

Daniel came back from Scout camp the Saturday before 4th of July, and it was awesome to be with him. He was surprised about the table. I had decided to do it while he was gone, so that he wouldn't be inconvenienced and also, so it could be a surprise. It was pretty fun. :)

We had some friends over for a dessert night on Sunday, which was really fun.

I started of the Holiday with a little run with Heather and her family and the Thompsons. We did a REALLY SLOW 5k; we kept having to stop and wait for people, transfer kids into and out of strollers and carriers, etc. So it really took us way longer than it should have, but we still had fun. And I had not really been running at all since my race, so it was nice to get back out there.

Daniel walked the girls over the bridge and met up with me after we were done, and we walked the rest of the way to watch the local parade. It's pretty close to where we live, so we just walked there and back. It's kind of a fun parade. The girls liked seeing the fire trucks and police cars and horses. They loved getting little flags and candies. The downside is that every float or car is so spaced out from the one before it and behind it that the parade takes more than 3x what it probably should. We burnt out after an hour and half, so we walked back before it was done.

We had a leisurely afternoon; I showered, the girls napped, Daniel went shopping, and I took a long nap. Then in the early evening, we headed over to the Fischer's house for a 4th of July BBQ and swimming. The Fischers have the coolest backyard! They have a decent-sized pool, an awesome playhouse that Andrew built, a big old trampoline, plenty of empty lawn, and a nice patio. I want their backyard!! The Delhoyos and Faucettes were there, and we had a good time swimming and eating and chatting. Camille and I had fun on their trampoline, I bounced pretty gently, and she flew all over the place and was giggling and having so much fun. I loved it!

After a while, we headed home. Since we still put the girls to bed early, we didn't do fireworks (although we put them down late enough that night, that we could've). Daniel is kind of over fireworks, and I guess I'm indifferent. Maybe when the girls are a little older and not so jumpy, we'll take them to some fireworks.

We had a pretty good Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment