Saturday, September 12, 2015

Brooke's 3rd Birthday!

The last couple of weeks of August were pretty fun for us. Except, not so much for Daniel, I suppose. He caught whatever Brooke and I had, and he got the worst of it. His cough got really bad, and it lingered for weeks. He spent an entire week working from home because he was coughing so much. It also wasn't all fun for him, because he was working extra, getting the firm ready for when he would be leaving. They wanted him to work as much as possible, and he felt obligated to get as much done for them as he could. He's awesome like that.

Anywho, Brooke's 3rd birthday was Saturday, the 22nd. We had a birthday party with her friends on the Friday before. It was pretty easy and low-key. Simple. Just how I like it. We sent out some invitations that I made about a week before to everyone we could think of. I didn't want to leave anyone out. That's no fun, for anyone. I made some cute Frozen cupcakes for the party, and brought some chips and drinks. Ty and Tad, Lucy, Jonesy (he's new in the ward, and quite a bit younger than Brooke), Turner Hebdon, the Delhoyo kids, and Calvin Haslam came to celebrate, all bringing fun presents for her (which I kind of looked at as just more ... stuff). We had a fun time with everyone! Brooke was in heaven, playing with all those kids.

Mom drove down that day, getting in later at night. She wanted to come celebrate Brooke's birthday with us, and we all had a wonderful time with her. We went to the mall so that Brooke could have a few rides on the Merry-Go-Round there, we picked up some lunch from Chick-fil-A, and went home to eat and put the girls down for naps. When they woke up, we had cake and opened presents, and then Mom took us all out to Red Robin for dinner, which was just too fun. And, of course, I took Brooke on the Merry-Go-Round one more time while we were there at the mall. All in all, we had a good day. And Brooke loved all the attention and having Gram there with us.







*All she asked for was an Elsa cake. I delivered!*


*We may have gone a little frozen crazy for her birthday. What with the cake, a new Frozen book, an Elsa Doll from Gram, and all sorts of other Frozen and Elsa paraphernalia from Gram, it was completely out of control! I'm sure the birthday girl didn't mind!*


*Little sister having her first taste of birthday cake (courtesy of Gram, thank you very much). I think she really liked it.*


Mom stayed to play with us for a few days after Brooke's birthday. We didn't do too much. Mostly just played with the babies, I set mom up with an exercise routine, and we sat and talked. We loved having her with us, though. And at one point, I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if mom could come live with us?" I'm such a mamma's girl! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment