Coming home from Medford was quite a chore. We took a late afternoon plane (that was delayed an hour), Brooke was really tired (since she hadn't taken a nap), and after we landed, we took the Flyaway to Van Nuys so that Daniel didn't have to drive in traffic to come get us. Brooke was really fussy and tired on the plane ride, but Camille was a gem. I mostly nursed her and rocked her to sleep for both rides.
It was nice to get home. We missed Daniel.
March was an eventful month. There was St. Patrick's Day, of course. And that evening I had a Relief Society dinner to go to, which was nice. Then, the weekend after, Daniel and I had our date to Ireland. I made a stew, some potatoes and bread for dinner (plus, I introduced Daniel to dirty cokes ... Mom and Diane got me addicted while I was in Medford -- a can of coke, with coconut drink syrup and lime juice ... the MOST delicious beverage, seriously, EVER!). I did a little leprechaun scavenger hunt for Daniel with gold (Rolos) at the end of the hunt ... and some fun. :) We watched "Leap Year" and ate a raw vegan "cheesecake" for dessert. It was a fun date!
The girls and I spent a lot of times out of doors. ... Well, not a lot, but more than usual. While Camille takes her morning nap, Brooke and I watch a little tv and then go outside to play. We have to take advantage of the nice weather ... while it's still nice. I like to bring Camille out when we can. I put out a blanket on the lawn for her to lay down on while Brooke and I do whatever -- sidewalk chalk, tossing balls, running around.
Brooke was having a rough time with naps for a few weeks, but then I tried changing her nap time an hour later, which worked like a charm. She's napping again! That sets her whole schedule later, but that's probably better. Plus, when Daniel stops working so much, he'll get to hang out with her more when he gets home.
We tried letting Camille cry to sleep at the beginning of March. But she seemed to be having a really hard time, so we stopped and went back to swaddling her, giving her a pacifier and nursing her to sleep. We just started the whole process again a few days ago, and she seems to be handling it a lot better than before.
March basically just flew on by. I'm a little sad that it's taken me so long to write, because I am sure I have forgotten some good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment