Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Lil' Nighttime Nakiness

Not much has been happening around here. The end of last week was a struggle finding motivation to do anything. I was feeling really tired and out of energy, so some things just slipped through my fingers. Mostly cleaning house and chores and stuff; I've gotten the ones I missed done this week, though.

On Thursday evening, Nicole Faucette and Denae Garrison threw me a baby shower. It was very fun. We had some delicious food (they even made/bought some vegan things for me!), chatted, and then they put me in this big cozy chair and had me open presents. It was so nice. Mostly we got new clothes for the baby, but also some blankets, some cute burp cloths, some toys and books. Lynn Lamb made this frilly, adorable quilt! Women who came: Denae, Belinda Oborn, Chelsey Bulkley, Emilee Mapp, Jennie Petho, Brynn Candell, Allison Leishman, Megan Haslam, Nicole, Jennifer Tavelli, Stacy Hansen, Lynn Lamb, Ashley Sheffield.

A bunch of people have been apologizing for missing the shower. I guess the word just didn't get out. But I felt a little weird having a shower, since we have everything we need for this baby (and then some). So everything felt a little superfluous. Nice, but not entirely necessary.

Saturday was busy for me. It was weird how little time I spent with Brooke that day, when I am usually with her all the time. I went to Cassie Pastor's baby shower in the morning. I had to leave early so I could go get her a present, and then I stayed way later than I had intended. But it was nice to get out of the house for a bit. Daniel and Brooke spent the time working on house projects together. :) Then, after her nap, we took a walk down to the park. It was a nice, beautiful day. Not hot, so we took advantage. Brooke helped me make pumpkin muffins when we got home, while Daniel started working a bit. Then I skipped off to the Sarmientos (with my muffins) for a little pot luck get together to watch the General Women's Conference. I ended up being the only one to show up, which made me feel a little awkward. But, it was nice to get to know the Sarmientos a little bit better.

The conference was wonderful! They talked a lot about the temple and staying true to our covenants and being obedient. I'm excited to watch/read it over again.

After church on Sunday, I went right to work making dinner. We had Salvador, a new convert in our ward, and the sister missionaries over for an early dinner that night. I just did baked potatoes and salad and brownies. Low-key dinner (I didn't have much notice ... Daniel told me the night before that Salvador was coming, and then the missionaries told me at church that they didn't have anyone feeding them that night), but it was nice.

This week I feel renewed energy to get some things done. It's probably hitting me that there is still a lot to do to prepare for the baby, and less than 3 weeks left to do them! So, I made a list yesterday of all the things that have to get done before mom gets here on the 15th, and I'm slowly chipping away on that list this week. Yesterday morning, when it was still cool, Brooke and I hung out in the garage. She drew with sidewalk chalk and made messes and got into stuff (like usual) while I sanded down the toddler bed for Brooke, in preparation to stain it. It's in pretty bad shape. Today I preregistered and packed our hospital bag, and also washed the boppies and new baby clothes and reorganized some things so that Brooke isn't making super messes. I'll teach piano this afternoon. I sure hope she doesn't decide to come early!

Brooke has been really loving books this past week or so. I pulled out all the Halloween books when we decorated last week, and I think having some new books to read has re-sparked her interest. Plus, we got this new board book from the shower, I think called "Moo, Baa, La-La-La". Anyway, I've been reading that one over and over and over and over ... all day today (so far). It's fun to read to her. This morning, I was cleaning up breakfast stuff and trying to get going with my day, and she came upstairs to play. After a little while, I heard her talking and screaming and singing to herself. I had to sneak up the stairs to see what she was doing. She had a book in her lap, and she was "reading" to herself! It was so cute. And she, of course, saw me, so she beckoned me to come and read the book to her. Which, I happily did. We did our chores later. :)

Last night, Brooke stayed awake really late into the night. After she'd been in bed for over 2 hours, she started whining for me, and then crying for me, and then screaming for me. Daniel was home last night, and he suggested we go upstairs to her. He said she might be naked. (Sunday night, I went in after she was sleeping to check on her, and she had unzipped the top part of her pajamas and taken her arms out of the sleeves. So she was entirely naked on top. Silly girl!) Well, we went in, and sure enough, her pjs were zipped all the way down, she still had all her limbs where they were supposed to be, but her diaper had disappeared! And her pacifiers were on the ground. We found her diaper and put it back on her, zipped her up, gave her pacifiers, sang a song to her a left. She still stayed awake for about an hour or so after that. Maybe more. I was frustrated, so I turned the monitor off. She's been so silly about sleeping lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment