Thursday, July 3, 2014

Lots and Lots of swimming. And Nutella.

We haven't had a whole lot going on this week. I've done some cleaning up (as usual), some working out (as usual), some food making (like always), and not much else.

Monday night we had a ward FHE activity. Daniel got home a little late, so we were late to the activity, but it was fun. We had some Chloe's Burgers for dinner (new recipe that I liked a lot), and Brooke played on the playground with the kids, and Daniel and I chatted with some of the adults there. We weren't there for long, because we had to get Brooke to bed.

We had the Garrison's to swim with us on Tuesday afternoon, which was fun. Lately, Brooke hasn't really wanted to be held when we are in the pool, which leaves her mostly playing on the stairs. It works out well, because I get tired of holding her. She's also taken to me barely holding her. I drape her arms over one of my arms, and she kicks her legs, and we swim around like that. It's kind of interesting, she gets tired of being at the pool sooner than I would expect her to. After being there for an hour, she's ready to go. Actually, we are in the pool for about 45 minutes, then she wants to go stick her legs in the hot tub for a while and then she wants to go. She's so funny!

Daniel had some missionary stuff to do on Tuesday night, and I didn't do much while he was gone. I think I worked out and then didn't feel good, so watched tv until he got home.

Yesterday, Brooke and I went swimming at the Faucette's house. They let Brooke use a little floaty ring that she had fun with. She floated around without any support from me, and she liked that.

Today we are just hanging out at home and cleaning up the house in preparation for our trip tomorrow. We are heading up to the Bay Area for the weekend to visit Michael and Michelle and their boys. We leave tomorrow morning. Let's hope the trip goes well.

I've been snacking too much lately on bananas, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Well, that is until I ran out of bananas. And then I ran out of chocolate chips. :) BUT ... I found a delicious new treat: Nutella (hazelnut and chocolate butter) spread around on a tortilla and rolled up. It really hits the spot when I need a little chocolatey snack! I think I'll go have one right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment