Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Blucies

Last week Brooke and I seemed to have something everyday. It was a beautiful week, not hot ... GLORIOUS! So we went to the park a few times to enjoy the beautiful weather. We even had some of the moms and kids from our ward come with us on Friday morning. And we got to go on a long walk one morning for my workout, which was so nice. I was really reveling in the cooler weather. It felt so good!

We only went swimming once, on Tuesday afternoon. We invited the Garrisons to come with us, which is always fun. Brooke is a little social one. I think she really enjoys being with people and needs to see people ... other than me. So I try to plan a few things a week with other people that she can enjoy.

She, of course, went to the Faucette's house on Tuesday afternoon while I taught Kelsey piano lessons. Kelsey is really coming along! I have never had the experience of teaching a new, new, new student. Most of the students I had before Brooke was born had some kind of musical or piano training, and I was just picking up. So, it's been kind of a challenge teaching a young child from the very beginning. But, I must say, it's been a fun challenge, and she's picking it up quicker than I thought she would. Not that she's not a smart kid or anything. I just think that musical concepts are difficult to understand for young kids. Anyway, we've been working on rhythm and counting out measures, which is really hard to understand. We listen to popular songs and find the rhythm, and clap it and count it, and then talk about how it relates to the music she has been playing. We have fun!

I think Brooke is quickly moving into toddlerhood. She's been screaming for attention more and throwing a few more tantrums than is usual. Plus, she has started throwing little tantrums at church in Sacrament meeting. People have begun to notice. :)

I can't remember the other things we did last week. We were busy with at least one thing everyday. It was a really good week!

Over the weekend, we didn't have plans. So, after nap on Saturday, we all went shopping to start looking at and getting things to do up Brooke's room. It's been a bit of a challenge for me, because I ask for Daniel's opinion about things, and he usually has an opinion to give, but then he'll turn around and say he doesn't really care and this is my thing. It's just a little frustrating to me, because I have a plan in my head and I do care, but I do some things to make him happy, and he doesn't seem to be happy about it either way. I think I might just follow my plan from here on out.

Yesterday was a busy one for Brooke and me. We dropped Daniel off at work so that we could do a little grocery shopping. We got almost everything we needed, but then had to run all over town to find swim diapers! Wal-mart was out, CVS Pharmacy didn't have them, and finally we found a small package at VONS. We got home, put groceries away, had some lunch and Brooke went down for her nap. And I got working on my to-do list. And I also started the dinner process.

After nap, we went to the pool. We had invited the Leishmans to come swim with us. We were there with them for about an hour and a half, and had lots of fun. But we rushed home when they left to finish making dinner. We had to skip showers to finish, because the Butler's from our ward were coming for dinner at 6pm. We probably could've showered, they were a little bit late. I made mock cafe rio salads, and they were delicious!

It was really fun to get to know the Butler's better. They are an older couple in our ward, whose kids are all married with kids, not living in the ward. Anyway, they've kind of taken to us for some reason totally unknown to me (ahem ... Brooke), and they've been so nice to us. We sit with them or very near them during Sacrament meeting often.

I got fresh blueberries at Sprouts yesterday when we went out shopping. They are FINALLY cheap! Last summer, Brooke couldn't get enough blueberries (and neither could I) when the price on them dropped and I could actually buy some. We bought box after box. And I've been waiting all summer for prices to drop so we could go Blueberry crazy, and they finally have! Hooray! But this summer, Brooke is talking a WHOLE lot more, and she says the word "blueberry" "blucies". It's so cute! I can't get over it.

Lately, I've been working on emergency preparedness research and putting together some stuff for us. I went through our 72 Hour Kits (and did some research on 72 hour kits), and found ours to be quite lacking. So, it's one of my later projects. Along with trying to put Brooke's new bedroom together.
On Friday, Daniel and I went to the temple to do a session. I was getting ready, putting on my boots (so Brooke put on her boots) and putting on my belt (so Brooke put on her belt). It was pretty cute.
Picture of the day for Daniel yesterday: she found his fig newton stash.
Watching Brooke play is sometimes very entertaining.
Brooke, in her cute little swimsuit.
Little buddies: Brooke and Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment