I am feeling incredibly blessed today! Not that I don't feel blessed pretty much all the time; God is very good to my family. But I kept thinking about all the miracles in my life that I sometimes take for granted. Actually, I pretty much always take them for granted.
Like technology, for example. I don't even think about it. But how awesome is it that I have such an easy time communicating with my family? It's so easy to stay close to my family nowadays. They are a Skype session, phone call or text away!
Diane and Hou had their baby last night. It was a long labor for her, took almost 2 days. But I had updates the whole time, and when he was finally born last night, I got to see a picture of him right away. How incredible is that? I think about the people who lived a few generations before me and what they must think. I have so much! I have time and energy-saving appliances to help with my work. And because of these appliances, I have so much extra time to myself, to play with my child, to pursue hobbies, to waste time. What must my ancestors think? I hope they don't look at me and see a lazy, ungrateful child! I don't have to work as hard as they did. And I have all the things I need.
I have AIR CONDITIONING! On the way to church this morning, Daniel said something like, "How great is it that we have air conditioning? Can you imagine living in Southern California without it?" I love that! Especially when I'm pregnant. It sure makes life so much more comfortable and enjoyable, and, again, easier.
I have such easy access to the scriptures and words of prophets and apostles! I think about times before when it must have been a lot more difficult to hear the prophet speak, or to obtain his words. And I have it at my fingertips all day, everyday. It's incredible!
The other day we had a single man in our ward for dinner, Bruce Bufkin. He was kind enough to bring us some flowers, carnations (my favorite!). They've been sitting all week on my table, and I have thought, more than once, "How lovely those flowers are!" And I think about the goodness of God in creating such a wonderful, beautiful earth to live on. It really is magnificent. Brooke and I have lately taken to looking at pictures on Pinterest. Mostly animals, but also flowers and other beautiful parts of nature. It's just so fun to have such fun things to look at and learn about and be involved with!
I think about the miracle of being a mother. It's on my mind a lot these days, obviously. :) I love that I can carry and bear children of my own and that I get to experience the wonder of being pregnant and giving birth. I'm so excited about this new little person coming to me and my family! I can't wait to meet her and get to know her! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is so good to me. I've been thinking a lot lately about how many of my girlfriends from high school and college have not yet had the opportunity to marry and have kids. There are quite a large number of them, it's quite shocking, especially when I consider the caliber of women these are! They are amazing! So why have they not found amazing men to marry and have families with? And why was I so fortunate to find Daniel and convince him to marry me? He is so good to me and to Brooke. He really loves his little girl, and he is a wonderful father. And he's such an honest, hard-working man, such a good provider. I really don't worry about our future! What a wonderful blessing that is!
These are just a few of my thoughts this last week. They've all been rushing back to me today as I think about my Heavenly Father and Jesus. I think they must love me and my family a lot. We have been given everything that we need and more, and I am grateful, or I try to be, everyday.
Back to Diane, Hou and Owen. It's such a blessing that Owen arrived safely and that he is healthy and well. We are so excited for Diane and Hou! And a little jealous. :) I want to go up and hold that little bundle so badly! Babies are wonderful, sweet, precious things. It's such a blessing to be a mother. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment