I couldn't wait to find out what sex our baby is! I was so excited. When she told us that it's a girl, I felt so happy and excited (like I wouldn't feel that way with a boy, too ...). I just kept thinking about having two cute, innocent, precious little girls running around my house, playing with each other, and it will be so fun. I really hope they end up being close. It's so awesome having sisters, I love my sisters, and I think girls need sisters; so I'm excited that I know Brooke will have at least one sister. Plus, on the pragmatic side of things, we already have all the baby girl stuff we need. And I've already made a baby girl scrapbook. It's just perfect.
The ultrasound was really awesome, too, because after she had done all of her measurements and checking around about how the baby looked, she turned the monitor towards me and showed my baby girl to us. She helped us to see how she knew that it's a girl. And then baby girl started moving a ton. And we could see it on the screen! It was so cool! Brooke was very still during her ultrasounds, I could never actually see her moving, though I could feel it. During this ultrasound, baby girl had the hiccups (poor thing!), and the ultrasound tech showed us how we could see that. It was super awesome.
Daniel was so funny. When we got back into the car and were talking about it, he said that he was so sure that it was a boy that when she said, "it's a girl", he was taken aback. He was really surprised that we are having another girl. That's kind of how I felt with Brooke. I was pretty sure that it was a boy, so I was surprised when that tech said we were having a girl. It's just funny that Daniel is experiencing the same thing. :)
For some reason, I am more anxious to meet this little girl and to see her than I was with Brooke. Maybe it's because Brooke was my first pregnancy and delivery, and I was all nervous about everything going well. This time, I have a little experience under my belt, so I can just be excited about my baby and knowing her.
I've been doing a little bit of baby girl name research. I've started a short list of names for Daniel and I to choose from. It's harder this time. All of the girls names I see, or most of them anyway, I hate. It's rare that I come across a girls name that I like well enough, and even rarer to see one that I really like. My top name at the moment is Darcy, which I think is really cute. Although I am not sure if it's a good enough adult name, and you do kind of have to take that into consideration.
Anyway, I am so excited to be having another girl and another baby. I'm very excited for October!!
| At 21 weeks. |

No comments:
Post a Comment